Help me ID a Ford 9" Rearend

Rice Eater

Today I came accross a 75 Torino with a limited slip rearend in it. It has the removable front carrier like a 9" does but I am not sure if it is a 9". Somewhere recently I either read an article or saw on a show a way to tell the 9" from another ford rear of the same style but lower strength. It seems that they said that one of the two had a center housing that was flat on the bottom and the other was round on the bottom. Hopefully someone can help me preferably today, Monday, because if it truely is a 9" I want to go back tomorrow and buy it.

Or if you don't know for sure a positive way to tell visually, the car is complete and original with a 351 engine and I would say any data plate is still there if someone can help that way. Thanks in advance!

if it if a lsd then it is worth decent money100.00-150.00 i could not tell you the weaker case from the stronger with out pulling it out and looking at the webbing around the rear pinion bearing. the flat bottom is usally a 8inj or a weak 9in. that car should be a round bottom 9in. if you want to have the next best thing to a nodular case find a f-150 with a 9 and hybied the case from the f-150 and the lsd from the torino. hope this helps