Warm welcome to the west side :)

Slimpsy1647545505

So...I've been a member here for years...but don't post much. I just moved to Columbus from the Athens area, off georgesville road more specifically. Anyway...I live in an area I was told was pretty quiet and such, so I slept comfortably for about a week. Then a few days ago I go downstairs to my car, the trunk is open...all my shit is on the ground (non-valuables anyway) and my back window is busted out...about 2500 dollars worth of stereo equipment and personal items stolen. AWESOME!

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL1469/5630295/11197993/161797812.jpg

anyone know where i can get that window replaced for cheap?

They came out on mine. in fact one of the times they got a call about two guys in my complex and they sent the helicopter and spotlighted the guys while they were in my car. They had pried out my door lock and screwed up my console but had not gotten my stereo out yet when they were arrested. A couple months later someone came back and finished the job.

They came out on mine. in fact one of the times they got a call about two guys in my complex and they sent the helicopter and spotlighted the guys while they were in my car. They had pried out my door lock and screwed up my console but had not gotten my stereo out yet when they were arrested. A couple months later someone came back and finished the job.

Yea...it's weird too..cause I'm parked by all these high dollar cars and shit...and I even take my faceplace off and never turn up the volume on my system...but they pryed down my glovebox..got the faceplate and remote...went through ALL my shit....they even took my cologne, change..and sunglasses....bastards.

Franklin County made a huge stolen goods bust yesterday. I'm not sure of the address, but the thieves were living in those apartments just north of the tracks on Norton rd. Apparently there was a lot of car stereo stuff recovered, you may want to call the recovery people and see if some of it is yours.

Franklin County made a huge stolen goods bust yesterday. I'm not sure of the address, but the thieves were living in those apartments just north of the tracks on Norton rd. Apparently there was a lot of car stereo stuff recovered, you may want to call the recovery people and see if some of it is yours.

Thanks man, how would I go about getting in touch with them?

Welcome to C-bus from an OU alumni.

Since moving here after graduating in 1999, I have had every single one of my vehicles broken into (7 in that time frame), sometimes more than once. My jeeps seem to be begging for people to break into, with two insurance claims (on different jeeps). I finally gave up. No nice stereo, all factory shit. Not a thing of value in the vehicles, not even one penny in change in the ash trays. If they break in, I want to piss them off that nothing is worth stealing. The cops don't care, they are just doing the bookkeeping for the insurance companies.3

Best of luck getting your shit back that you worked hard for, I know it sucks. :(