Spotted: Highway Patrol Dodge Charger in New Jersey

SquirrelyNutsDSP

As the title reads, I saw an unmarked Charger in Jersey pulling over a speeder. It was a dark gray with 18" black wheels, and the light bars were inside the cabin so it was hard to spot. I believe this was discussed recently, but I actually saw one and they're gonna be hard to spot before they're up on you.

My friend and I drove up to CT today, about 9 hours, to pick up my new car and I plan on being back tomorrow night. What a great weekend! :D

yup i do belive CPD will start exploring the Charger and Impala platforms, since fords last little issue they had with there so called Police Intercepter Packege.

the crown victoria is an extremely reliable car and will continue to be the vehicle of choice to most law enforcement agencies as well as taxi companies and old people. although it is still very popular, ford has flirted with the idea of discontinuing it for the last few years. either way, the "panther" platform the crown vic, grand marquis, and town car is based upon has been going strong since 1979 i believe.

The major reason that crown vics are still being used is that Ford can sell them as fleet vehicles and keep the price down on them. As long as Dodge and GM can sell them at very low prices to the PD's, vics will be gone very quickly. Dodge has a very long and very well spoken history with police departments. Much, much longer than Ford. The only thing keeping them from still owning the crusier market is they didn't have a RWD car for many years. Now that Dodge brought them back, many PD's are checking them out again. Detriot PD has been replacing the vics with Charger and Magnums since the cars came out.

the crown victoria is an extremely reliable car and will continue to be the vehicle of choice to most law enforcement agencies as well as taxi companies and old people.

Actually, a lot of taxi companies will be switching over to the 300C LW (Long wheelbase) when their Crown Vic's get replaced.

Detriot PD has been replacing the vics with Charger and Magnums since the cars came out.

Well, around Detroit it depends what area you're in, but the Detroit PD doesn't have enough money to replace their Econo Vans and Crown Vics. Auburn Hills had had Chargers and Magnums for over a year, if you're near Dearborn you'll only see Ford's, and around Milford you'll most likely see Impala's. Troy is a mix, but I've seen a few undercover Camaro's running highway duty.

what kind of car?

Mine is the silver one. We took my buddy's blue car out to pick up my silver one. It was a great drive back because we had pleanty of open road to dick around on.

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g205/BSMechE/FrontShot.jpg

http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g205/BSMechE/RearShot.jpg