Ebay wheel question.

OSUGT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/18-9-10-Black-Mustang-saleen-wheels-rims-pony-cobra_W0QQitemZ270004516236QQihZ017QQcategoryZ43958QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

What's the catch? 500 bucks sounds good. I know you get what you pay for, but does anyone have any experience with ebay wheels? I'm in the market and like everyone else, I'm on a budget. Any local recommendations?

Thank you!

Do some research on that company? See if you can find anything on the forums for any of the vehicles they make wheels for. My main concern with a wheel is whether it is made well. A side benefit is looks. If it's not made well that could cause safety issues. What happens when you hit a pothole that's big enough on the highway? Does that good rim bend or does that shitty rim shatter causing a blowout?

If they peel, that's an issue but you can always get them painted again. My guess is if they are physically made well they aren't going to skimp that much on the painting, the add says they powder coated them.

Guest Removed

i bought used 05 super duty wheels for my truck off there, they looked great, and other then waiting on them to send them! within 8 days i had my wheels. so far ive had good luck with everything ive bought off there...

but still buyyer beware!!!

It's probably no secret that the whole boom in cnc machining has driven the cost of wheels through the floor. I'm an ebay seller and the most important thing to look for is what KIND of feedback a seller you're considering buying from is getting. Most buyers are quick to give good feedback as soon as they receive the item even before making sure it works. Also, like real life, many unhappy buyers will not leave feedback at all so you never hear about the bad stuff. Most of that sellers bad feedback centered around bad service after the sale. Once they got their money they didn't give a rats ass about the customer. Someone selling that much volume on ebay should have a 99.8% feedback rating atleast. 1.5% of 16285 is 244 unsatisfied customers, at $500 each that's $122,000...they couldn't care less they got their money. And they never even saw those wheels, they used a wholesale warehouse and all they did was take the order and collect the money.