Saab/GM oem turbo swaps?

ImUrOBGYN

So the new Saab 9-3 uses the GM 2.8L V6 equipped with a turbo. I believe. I wonder how easy it would be to use those turbo parts on a current 2.8L GM domestic car? Anyone know anything about the possibilities? Thought someone on here may be interested. Mine interest is simply out of curiousty.

Hi, I work at a Saab repair place (internship kinda thing). On Monday, I'll ask the mechanics what they know. What I do know is that GM engines are modified heavily (and sometimes not for the better) before going into Saabs. ex: the 2.5 litre Cadillac Catera engine, which is usually fast, was detuned and fittings were made smaller before being placed in the 00-02 9-5 where it drives like crap.

However, on the positive side, so many Saab parts are GM branded, that with enough effort, a match could likely be made.

PS: The only non Saab GM car I know of with the 2.8 is the low-end Cadillac CTS.

2.8-LITER 6-CYLINDER TURBOCHARGED

2.8 V6T engine

Engine specifications – 2.8 V6T

Type – 6-cylinder turbo, 60° Vee

Displacement – 170 cu. in. (2792 cc)

SAE horsepower rating – 250 hp @ 5300 rpm

SAE peak torque – 258 lb. ft. @ 2000 rpm

That's the Saab motor. I'm not sure what other motors the 2.8 comes in. I can't think of any off the top of my hand. Maybe it is only the Caddy but I'm no expert when it comes to GM, for sure.