"The Wilds" in Zanesville

fooswinger

Anyone ever been there? Well the best way for me to describe it, is it's like Jurrasic Park. It's located in Zanesville. It's owned and operated by the columbus zoo. It's like a safari on a bus through 10,000 acres. The buses are pretty cool, they have some that are enclosed w/ac or you can ride on the busses that are like huge jeeps or convertibles, that have like a canvas top covering the bus. It's about an hour and a half tour. You get to see like Rhinos, bison, zebras, giraffe's and many other animals. At one point you get out of the bus and go down to the lake to feed the catfish or watch the wild horses and giraffe's. But anyhow if your looking for something fun to do, and something different rather then just walking around the zoo, Go check out "The Wilds"

The animals will come right up next to the bus, I've had the giraffe's stick the heads in the bus.Pretty cool

Adult tickets $14.00

Kids over 5 $9.00

Kids under 4 FREE

just so everyone knows all the animals here would be considered grazing animals, no tigers or lions and shit.

still very cool a few yrs back me and my family were members of it. also if you are into Birds of prey take some binoculars, you can usually see some pretty cool birds flying about or sitting on the fence posts.

It is well worth the trip and $$.

If you want to work with large cats (Tigers, Lions, Cougars, Leopards, etc.), there is a place in Tampa, FL called "Big Cat Rescue". I did that with my wife a few months back.

Feeding a chicken to a wild Cougar is extreme.... trust me.