Valve Adjustments???

ousley99

I'll tell ya what, this bike has been the biggest pain in my butt since the day I bought it.. If I ever get it bought back I might go back to my roots and Ride Red. I've never owned a Honda street bike, but the factory and manufacturer support that I recieved from Honda when racing was top notch compared to Kaw..

that is very surprising to me honestly. and i know i play off as a huge kawi fan but customer service actully comes first to me. my buddy's zx14 had a front brake issue and he took it right back to the dealer and told him what was up. granted it took some time but he actually talked over the phone with a kawi engineer and they sent him a brand new set of discs. the dealer that we were dealing with was amazing in how he hopped right to help and made calls to get the ball rolling as quickly as possible.

this same dealer used to be a honda dealer before he turned to kawi and yam. he told us the reason he switched was for the sole reason that honda was only in the buisness to sell, not satisfy. he believed that if it would have been any other manufacture's bike he would have been paying for rotors out of his pocket.

silly question but where did you get the bike

I bought it at Motorsports of Columbus.. It's not the dealers fault with this particular bike though. MS and myself were in contact with Kawasaki Relations last year and couldn't get any support. They said they didn't have a Regional Engineer available to send out and look at my bike. Between the transmission issues that I have and the other little things like the throttle, shifter, and rear set, this bike is a lemon.

I'm not saying Kaw's are bad! I love Kaw's.. Just not this one and the experience that I've had. After racing Honda for over 10 years, and a factory Yahama for 1 year, I'm just ready to try another brand..

I'm really becoming fond of the look of the new REPSOL. Havn't got to ride it yet, but it def at the top of the options list right now..

I am 11 months into Litigation on a buy back for this bike. My lawyer did a great job putting together a case for me, but unfortunatly Ohio is a 1 1/2 backed up on the legal system. My court date isn't until April '09, and that was set last October '07...

What makes me soo mad about the whole situation is the fact that I work for BMW Motorrad North America.. I do the same job that the Kaw ppl are suppose to be doing for me. I can decide if BMW should buy back a bike or just provide compensation for time down.. That's why it blows my mind that Kaw has done NOTHING for me or the dealer to help us out.

what can i say other than there are always thing that just don't work out. i really don't think it is right for a dealer to sell a bike with a rodent nest in it. but they do. i got angry i got pissed. i found others with the same problem, and then i got over it.

i mean if the dealer really wanted to help out they could give you a deal on another bike, and pick up the problems with kawi themselves. you might take a hit but in the long run the time spent on trying to get something done might not be worth the fact that in the end it will be a day late and a season of riding short

i don't know what you have been up to or what is happening but thats just my 2 cents

granted my bike is in good shape and runs like a top. but in the future i will be learning and doing as much work on the bike as i can. i would rather do my own work and know it is done right than have to be reliant on other to tell me it was done right.

:wtf: you really are crazy ain't cha!

lol, it does sound like I'm crazy, but I'm actually not, If you seen my oil when it comes out you'd be patting me on the back for changing it, I like to play hard with my toys :D

some oils start to break down significantly at as early as 1500 miles :eek:

Our BMW Oil actually lasts up to 18,000 miles depending on driving conditions.. Most of our company cars get the oil changed at 15,000 miles