FS: 98 Taurus **parts**

Slimpsy1647545505

**Warning, long post**

So I'm selling my 98 Taurus...it was wrecked a year ago and has been sitting ever since. It does not have a title as I'm still making small monthly payments on it to pay it off so it won't own my credit....and the only reason the insurance didn't cover it is because my ex was an excluded driver and she knew it ..yet took the car anyway and wrecked it (awesome). Anyway, I figured I'd sell it to someone on here for cheap....it still has a lot of good parts and could be repaired to drivable condition...but once again I don't have the title..and will be paying on it another 10-12 months..so it would be best to just use it for parts or part it out if you want to. I just want to get rid of it.

So, the specs are as follows...then I'll get into the good and bad

1998 Green Taurus SE

~130K miles

Auto

Power everything, loaded

Green exterior (not the shitty green, the nice deep green), grey interior

Ok, now that the basic specs are out of the way lets get to the good:

Car is good from the motor back...both the motor and transmission is good (prior to the wreck the transmission was flushed and serviced and worked smoothly) and the engine started right up after the wreck and still will the last time I checked. THE AIRBAGS DID NOT DEPLOY AND ARE STILL IN TACT!! :) All the interior and windows is in great condition with no real wear or tear of any kind. The tires are all at a decent 70% tread with all original ford taurus SE hubcaps. Basically everything but the hood and the very front end is usable.

Ok, now the bad:

The car rear ended a mini van going about 15 or so...so the hood is smashed back, the lights smashed out, the front bumper tore off and the radiator busted. I don't know if there is any frame damage but there is a slight bend on the front of the front end fenders. I had it checked out though and the motor didn't encounter any damage. I did have it checked to be fixed and it was classified as totalled and not fixable to a drivable state...but that could be debated once you see it. Once again, the airbags and everything are still good to go....but no title will come with the car. ALSO..CAR WILL HAVE TO BE TOWED FROM ATHENS OHIO.

Sorry for the long post..I just wanted to be as informative as possible.

I'm asking for a modest 400 dollars for this thing. I mean, I think that's fair considering the car has a good motor/tranny, and good body parts and interior/tires as well. But I may take a lower offer if you feel that unfair...I'm negotiable. I'll try to get pics up within a couple of days.

You are trying to sell a car you do not own yet? It is in someone else's name? Please explain who or what has the lien, or this is getting locked.

Well technically I'm just paying on it to keep my credit clear. I have a temp title and the credit company owns the actual title until I pay it off. I didn't know it would be a problem selling it for parts if someone wanted it. I mean...either way I need to get rid of it. I'm not trying to screw anyone over...the car is just sitting..I figured someone might want to take it.

You can not sell a car that is in their name. Look at it from their side. What do they have to show for a car they still own if you "sell" it, and then stop paying?

This is locked. An admin can unlock if they disagree.