c.o.d.

Orion

as in, "collect on delivery".

i ordered some things, and the guy shipping them said i could either paypal him, (no paypal account) or he could send them c.o.d. i wasnt even aware they still did that! if anyone has any experience with that, how exactly will i be paying for it when it gets here? i mean, will they take cash?

I was under the impression that cash was a no-no for CODs these days (they don't want to get robbed). At any rate, your best bet is money order or cashier's check. If you get a MO and just leave the pay-to line blank until the delivery guy shows up, it would be easy enough to get your cash back if something unexpected happens.

Yep at my last job when a vender would ship something COD, the UPS guy would stop in give us the package and the amount. Then we would have a check for him when he came back at the end of the day. I don't know who this person is shipping it through, but I doubt any delivery company would accept cash. Check or Money Order would be the way to go. Oh and there normally is an extra COD charge for shipping something COD. I don't know if the shipper added that to the shipping costs or not, but don't be surprised if the delivery guy asks for more than what you were expecting to pay.

Guest Ponyfreak

The shipper can specify if they will take a cert. Money order. If you have a money order you will be ok. Cash will not work.

And there is a 5.75charge for COD on UPS items. UPS actually cashes the check and then sends the check to the other person. They will recieve a check from UPS.

UPS actually cashes the check and then sends the check to the other person. They will recieve a check from UPS.

When we shipped stuff COD, UPS always sent us the original check. We never got a check from UPS. We would get a envlope from UPS with the check and then a letter with the UPS tracking number and what ever number we gave them, normally invoice or sales order number.

Guest crx34
I always use FedEx C.O.D.. They will not except cash. Its has to be a certified check such as a money order or cashier check. FedEx will then send it back to you. The money order or cashier check should be made out to the person recieving the money, not FedEx. It does cost a little more but personally I think its worth it. I hate paypal. Basically the package shows up you give the guy a money order or cashier check you get the package, if you don't give him a money order or cashier check you won't get the package. Simple as that.

Guest Ponyfreak
When we shipped stuff COD, UPS always sent us the original check. We never got a check from UPS. We would get a envlope from UPS with the check and then a letter with the UPS tracking number and what ever number we gave them, normally invoice or sales order number.

I always specify money order only when I send a COD. That might be why I am getting a UPS check.