Street Racing is Bad ummm k??

400 HO

Guest Removed

It does make you think. And after My Scarest moment last night!!! I am thinking twice.

Im just glad, I wasnt tryying too race no one, till i tryyed it on the street..and i may not do that again!cause who ever would have been in the other lane, most likely would have got hit. Anything can happen. I hope everyone at least takes all the saftey precautons they can...

I agree 100% Alot of guys on here got cars that could easly kick it very much sideways.

Be safe so we never hear columbus ohio's COLUMBUSRACING.com street forum which promote illegal street racing , Is resposible for the street that took place between Ricer A and Ricer B when really they were just flying in and out of our pack of cars.

I love street racing, it's a fucking blast. That being said, I do believe I am done. After getting sideways and being so close to the other cars I don't think I'll be doing much street racing anymore. I think it's best to keep our cars at the track now. Seeing that yellow mustang in that really hit me and made me consider what could happen to me or any passenger. I vote for a sticky.

I have a vote too: it states that most of the cars involved in that video were either (A v6 slow versions of fast cars or (B slow ricers. Be careful out there but also consider how many of the accidents you have encountered that were teenagers and ricers; even the video shows alot of that. What were our most recent accidents? Oh, ya, the drift king at the thrift store and our favorite 270 hotlapping ricer civic.

Well, I think the video was shitty. There is the danger involved anytime you place yourself into something that moves faster then your body was ever built to do.

Like Rob said, you can only use as much safety as you can, no matter what type of racing you're into. Hence why a lot of guys won't race 3+ wide, they won't race down ally ways, or off red lights with other people around.

Take all the footage of accidents caused by racing and compare it to footage of accidents caused when people were following the rules and there will be no comparison to the amount of injury and devistation. You cannot merely say that " this is what happens when you street race ". I dont have an opinion about it other than people should not do it when there are innocent drivers on the road. If 2 guys line up on a dead end road in the middle of nowhere and mutually decide to race I am fine with it as long as they are over 18 are ready to face any legal ramifications that should come their way.

Was it just me or do half of those pictures not even looking street racing related?

Who the fuck street races a 90's Buick? I respect the intent of the video and bad things can happen, but I do believe many pictures of regular accidents were found and then placed in a video. Sure, a Mustang wrecked, but how do we know that lady wasn't driving on a rainy road drunk?

Makes you think about the dangers of driving period more than racing.

I realize most of those probably aren't from street racing, but I have been considering this for a while. To anyone who chooses to street race, have fun and play it safe. I have nothing against ya'll it's just not for me anymore.

As with anything risky/dangerous you need to be smart about it if your going to do it. Don't risk other lives by taking passengers or racing in areas in which other traffic may become involved during the race. I never race in groups anymore, it's way too dangerous. People have been street racing for eons and a lot of people have died doing it. The key is to not involve innocent people if your willing to risk your life. If a rock climber falls doing what he loves it should be no big deal... unless he lands on family out camping.

tell me how many people are going to pull up and say hey i'll see you at the track friday..........yeah right. i dont see the state having a track open every day to race..... and when you go to places like the trails your lucky to get 3 runs in. your usually waiting on the slick cars to get their 10 runs in. street racing is like everything else in life..ITS A RISK........everything in life is a risk.

most of those pics are probably not street racing related..... its like those police videos where they always catch the ones who run......hahaha why dont they show the ones who got away.

im not saying i condone streetracing, because ive lost several friends to it as well. We all take risks, and we all take chances. its not like anyones telling us we have to race..its a choice we make. a "good" choice..prolly not but a chioce nun the less. life it self is dangerous you could get hit by a drunk driver, get cancer, or die sleeping in your bed when your house burns to the ground. accidents and or stupidity while racing is the result of a choice made by the driver. We are well aware of the risks we take every weekend it all comes down to this..theres no one but you pressing the throttle when the light turns. and no one else to blame...you make the choice..and you pay the price. just my .02

i have laid off street racing alot the past year or two mabey beause i grew up but there are times i will still do it.

but on the other hand.........i refuse to tip-toe through life only to wind up safely at death........thats just my moto anymore. (kinda why i bought the bike i have wanted foreve and just was to affraid to get)

im not saying i condone streetracing, because ive lost several friends to it as well. We all take risks, and we all take chances. its not like anyones telling us we have to race..its a choice we make. a "good" choice..prolly not but a chioce nun the less. life it self is dangerous you could get hit by a drunk driver, get cancer, or die sleeping in your bed when your house burns to the ground. accidents and or stupidity while racing is the result of a choice made by the driver. We are well aware of the risks we take every weekend it all comes down to this..theres no one but you pressing the throttle when the light turns. and no one else to blame...you make the choice..and you pay the price. just my .02

+1

I agree , I ride BMX I have seen the worst of the worst hell My friends was sitting on his bike talking to me about what a good time we were having at this skate park then the next min he's laying on the floor paralized from the neck down.

I relly made me think about not riding, Some people did quit others thought of it as a way to think positive and live life to the fullest,

Like stated above you can only infl;uence and make an inpact great enough to diffur people from such an act, But people do have there own minds and have there way set.

My opinion " Live fast Time is only luck"

I was gonna cool it on the street racing this summer since I just got my lisc back, that lasted 4 days after I got my car back and beat my first vette.

I always say do it responsibly, You are the Grim Reaper or the Angel that decides to save a life or take one the descision is yours.