turbo coming soon

Alex L.

Am I the only person that thinks this sounds like a HUGE waste of money??

Yea, Joe it does, cause your a dumbass. lol

Not everyone is building their car for drag power. Why don't you come and race my POS cavalier sometime?;)

Yea, Joe it does, cause your a dumbass. lol

Not everyone is building their car for drag power. Why don't you come and race my POS cavalier sometime?;)

you might want to retract that statement once his car is running.... joe's car will not be even close to a slouch.

I'd be willing to bet there are worse investment to power ratios than that around here. :) Anyway, I just look at is as entertainment spending... so if he's entertained, mission accomplished.

I love Celica Supra's. I had an '82 Celica about two years ago with a lot of stuff done to it. I think it's a great idea to give a kid a project car before he has his license. I wish my parents would have done it with me. But I don't see where your $10k went, unless your huge hideious tach cost $4,000.

Am I the only person that thinks it's a HUGE waste of money to own an American car? Basically, what I'm saying is to each their own.

As for the rest, Alex what did you spend that much money on? Cuz ya know, if it doesn't have a bigass wing and a body kit for you all to look at, he hasn't spent any money? :rolleyes: I've seen many of you who look like you haven't spent $10 on the outside of your cars. Maybe he's built the motor, done the interior, the suspensions, included the cost of this car and his parts car, etc. Yes, $10000 seems a bit steep to me, too. Maybe that's going to be their total bill. It is a work in progress. Or maybe that's how much his dad told him so he has an excuse to take that much out of his college fund. :D lol

Am I the only person that thinks it's a HUGE waste of money to own an American car? Basically, what I'm saying is to each their own.

As for the rest, Alex what did you spend that much money on? Cuz ya know, if it doesn't have a bigass wing and a body kit for you all to look at, he hasn't spent any money? :rolleyes: I've seen many of you who look like you haven't spent $10 on the outside of your cars. Maybe he's built the motor, done the interior, the suspensions, included the cost of this car and his parts car, etc. Yes, $10000 seems a bit steep to me, too. Maybe that's going to be their total bill. It is a work in progress. Or maybe that's how much his dad told him so he has an excuse to take that much out of his college fund. :D lol

shit, i had a list on another forum, but the fucker got hacked, so its not there anymore. here's what i remember:

bodywork: $4,000

suspension: $1,100

fuel: $200

brakes: $850

audio: ?

tires: ?

turbo stuff: $3,000

total: $9,150 with a few forgotten things.

if you ride in the car, you'll know its all been worth it. we've got close to $10,000 in it, and we're not even close to being done. people may say that this is a waste of time or money, but the car's my baby. i dont care what other people think of it, because you have to have worked on it to know it's true value.

I guess what I was trying to say was this. Yes, its a great car, especially to learn how to work on cars. Having said this, if you drive over a pebble above 70 mph, the car will flip 70 times and crinkle like an empty beer can, because it is also a death trap.

Anyway, good luck with your project. Reminds me of when my dad was still alive and we would work on his Quattro rally car.

So these are guessmates on what you are GOING to spend? B/C if you spent $4,000 on body work and you don't even have your car painted, you have been taken. Now if it really needed $4,000 worth of body work and rust repair, you still got taken b/c you could have gotten a clean Supra for $4,000.

Well, seeing is beliving and as long as I can remember, his car has never ran. lol

It ran all of last year. I just never drove it to work, and probably never will.

It would be running now, but plans changed in favor of something very different, which I'm still gathering funds for.

It ran all of last year. I just never drove it to work, and probably never will.

It would be running now, but plans changed in favor of something very different, which I'm still gathering funds for.

My bad, I remember you telling me that when we worked together.

I agree the post above if you have spent $4000 on body work, you went to the wrong shop.

I got my 1st car at 16 and worked with my dad and learn body work and already know mechanical work from living on the farm. It is a great experience to learn from a family member, especially when your dad worked for PPG and had all the body shop classes.

By, the way is that a vette your garage(from your webpage)? What is the history on it?

Am I the only one that actually kind of agrees with Joe (Nitrousbird)? That does sound like a whole lot of money for only 400hp.

NOTE: I realize there is way more to cars than just HP/performance. However, if you'll note, he (i.e., Firehead Studios) is the one brought up the HP thing by implying that their gunning for 400hp.

So these are guessmates on what you are GOING to spend? B/C if you spent $4,000 on body work and you don't even have your car painted, you have been taken. Now if it really needed $4,000 worth of body work and rust repair, you still got taken b/c you could have gotten a clean Supra for $4,000.

i know that i could have had a better one, and dad and me joke around about it, but the truth is, i don't want another supra, i like mine. if you see the car up close, there's bigass weld marks cause we had almost the whole rear end of the car replaced. the car is a work in progress. this weekend, we are going to fill the welds, and probably paint the car flat black. why waste a couple thousand dollars on paint when you will be hiking an engine and have the chance of scratching a nice, new coat, when you could rattle-can the thing, and waste like $30 on spraypaint? i would never build a show car; what's the point of having a car that you trailer everywhere? my car, with probably 130 n/a horsepower now, still puts you back in the seat. if i get 220 to start, it will be a rocket. with 400, it will be scary. you have to think that the weighs probably less than 3,000, or a little over.

RS69, we got that vette off of a guy my dad worked with in west virginia. it's a 1977 with a '79 350 block. the block is bored out ot a 383, and has accell fuel injection. it's got a richmond 6spd, a 3" exhaust through flowmasters, and runs like a bat out of hell when it's actually running. :rolleyes: