Wheel Bearings

yotaman88210

Anyone ever done wheel bearings on a 95 cavalier? Im gonna replace both of them either tonight or tomorrow and Im wondering if it is an assembly type setup or outer and inners??? Trying to figure out how long it is gonna take me. I want to make it out to trails on on friday to get a few runs in. I havent been out since the rebuild. Thanks!

Alright, I'm not trying to sound like a dumbass, but that assembly would not go on last night. I fought with the thing for at least 2 hours. It is in and all three bolt are in as well at the axle nut. It will not spin freely though. I think Im going to have to pull it out and just try putting it in again. Is the new gasket they gave me nessesary? It looks like the grease gaskets i would use on my toyota truck in the front when replacing bearings. The hub is a sealed unit so I figure this little gasket is just to prevent brake dust from getting thrown onto the halfshaft? I think that gasket may be causing it to sit a little crooked so it does not want to spin freely. This was supposed to be something quick. Just my fucking luck to have this thing be a bitch when I am trying to go to the track TONIGHT! :doh:

Anyone have advice or knowledge of these?

I hope you didnt buy the cheaper ones. I changed quite a few until I bought the more expensive one. I dont see how you're having that much trouble. And yes, the gasket is neccessary.

Take old hub off, undo the bottom of the strut from spindle. If you turn the wheels all the way to a one side, you can slip the cv shaft out of the spindle, allowing access to change the gasket. Now put it together. If it's not spinning check to make sure the cv shaft is resting fully into the bearing.

If you're changing one, you might as well change the other.