1996 Chrysler Sebring Convertible V6 $2100

Nitrousbird

Well, I JUST picked this car up (as in 2 hours ago, part of a trade deal for my Mustang).

I know jack shit about this car. Clean title, 137k on the clock. No rust on the body, front bumper cover has a nice scuff on it and a small hole in it.

Looks like all the lights/signals work, all the windows work. Power portion of the top doesn't work, but goes up/down easily manually. The tach/mileage display doesn't work for the first couple minutes you drive it, then works fine from then on (from what I saw and what the guy told me)

Drives VERY nicely on the highway, smooth, no problem. Slight shimmy at slower speeds; feels like the tires need balanced. Tires look to be in good shape. Front rotors probably need turned, they aren't bad though...if I were keeping it, I probably wouldn't even bother. ABS light is on and stays on. No SES lights, though.

Engine seemed to run smoothly; tranny seemed to shift fine. No missing or anything, goes WOT fine. Seemed to get decent gas mileage.

Car needs a cleaning badly, inside and out. Otherwise, I know very little about these cars, and have no intentions of keeping it to find out.

It's dark out, so I have no pics of it, and may not get around to posting any for a couple of days. I'm putting this up here first to give you guys first shot at it; once I get some time (read: next week) to do some cleaning on her, then I'll post her elsewhere, and throw up some pics.

Price: $3500. For the record, that's BELOW the KBB Private Party value for this car in this condition.

Drove it 200 miles today, ran fine. Seems to be doing decent on gas too. :) A/C works as well.

I will have it cleaned up and take some pics this week.

Edit: I've been working on the car:

- Tach/mileage display issue is fixed. Very common problem with Sebrings; dealer charges $500 to fix the problem, but I did the minor repair on the circuit board instead of installing a new cluster; all is good. :)

- Cruise control wasn't working; that's fully repaired now and works great

- Power top is missing the driver's side hydraulic cylinder. If I can source one cheap enough, it should be a pretty easy fix. The passenger side is intact, and the pump works.

• 4 months later...
I don't think the top leaks. Honestly, I RARELY drive the car, and when I do, it is in fair weather. It will sit for a month, then I'll drive it a few miles to go to the store or something. Always starts up first time, though, so no issues w/ the battery or battery drain. It's just not my cup of tea.