where to buy

turbosi44

first bike that will be mine but I have ridden alot, started racing motocross then I was 5.

No comparison whatsoever. Motocross experience does not prepare you for anything other than knowing how to work the controls.

I recommend you look at something much smaller for your first streetbike. Be safe whatever you do - don't forget to buy gear.

If you can hold off a few months, the deals will be there as the 07s are announced and sales slow down.

My first and only bike is a 1000cc bike. If you are not an Idiot, a liter bike is fine for a first bike. I hate the buy a 600 for your first bike posts. Know the person before you post that shit. Why waste the fuckin money? In a year you will get bored if you don't ride the twsties, now you just wasted a couple thousand bucks and need to unload it. If you have a brain you could ride a Busa or ZX-14 for a first bike. It all depends on the rider. Oh and everyone should take the MSF class, even if you have riden for many years. Good shit to learn there for $25!

My first and only bike is a 1000cc bike. If you are not an Idiot, a liter bike is fine for a first bike. I hate the buy a 600 for your first bike posts. Know the person before you post that shit. Why waste the fuckin money? In a year you will get bored if you don't ride the twsties, now you just wasted a couple thousand bucks and need to unload it. If you have a brain you could ride a Busa or ZX-14 for a first bike. It all depends on the rider. Oh and everyone should take the MSF class, even if you have riden for many years. Good shit to learn there for $25!

This is great advice - if all you plan to do is squid around and cruise from spot to spot. Of course, it kind of doesn't make sense given that you are buying SPORTbike which is purpose-designed to be on the track. I don't know about you, but I get bored riding from place to place to stand around and talk about how great bikes are. I think I'd rather be riding mine.

There is more to it than being mature. A 150 RWHP bike with grabby brakes and radical steering geometry is not the right tool to learn how to ride safely and well. There is a reason why racers (you know, those really good riders) started on smaller bikes and worked their way up. There is also a reason that you don't put a 16 year old into a Bugatti to teach them how to drive. Sure, you can respect the bike and not twist the throttle all of the way, but then, why did you buy the thing in the first place in you are scared of it?

Make sure you get an insurance quote BEFORE you purchase anything. Some of the insurance quotes I have seen are frightening - like half the cost of the bike/yr. Nothing like buying a new bike and then finding out you can't afford ot make the insurance payments on it.

Have you checked Honda Northwest (or whatever it is called) in Hilliard? Have you tried to bargain with the dealers? The CBRs are expensive bikes, so they really may not be willing to bargain much - they usually sell pretty well.

This is great advice - if all you plan to do is squid around and cruise from spot to spot. Of course, it kind of doesn't make sense given that you are buying SPORTbike which is purpose-designed to be on the track. I don't know about you, but I get bored riding from place to place to stand around and talk about how great bikes are. I think I'd rather be riding mine.

There is more to it than being mature. A 150 RWHP bike with grabby brakes and radical steering geometry is not the right tool to learn how to ride safely and well. There is a reason why racers (you know, those really good riders) started on smaller bikes and worked their way up. There is also a reason that you don't put a 16 year old into a Bugatti to teach them how to drive. Sure, you can respect the bike and not twist the throttle all of the way, but then, why did you buy the thing in the first place in you are scared of it?

Make sure you get an insurance quote BEFORE you purchase anything. Some of the insurance quotes I have seen are frightening - like half the cost of the bike/yr. Nothing like buying a new bike and then finding out you can't afford ot make the insurance payments on it.

Have you checked Honda Northwest (or whatever it is called) in Hilliard? Have you tried to bargain with the dealers? The CBRs are expensive bikes, so they really may not be willing to bargain much - they usually sell pretty well.

I understand what you are saying thank you

do nto buy form marrysville honda.. they are way overpriced.

the best place ive seen to work wiht people and the price is motorsports of columbus.

ask in grove city i heard will deal some times, but my buddy went to get 450r fomr them and they totally dicked him over. so dont go there. honda northwest you might want to check out. but IMO motorsports of columbus FTW

Toledo Powersport will sell you one for $1,700 BELOW MSRP, $9,599!

http://www.hondaeasttoledo.com/

It's kind of a bad time of year to buy though since winter is approaching. Wait until next year and see what 07 brings. Plus you will get an even better deal in Feb/Mar on a 2007 when most places still have snow on the ground.

It's your dime though so do what you want. Like others have suggested, CALL ABOUT INSURANCE BEFORE you go and buy it. You will either be okay or SHOCKED at the price.....