funny noise?

xTHExBOSSx46

ok had some exaust work done on my mustang a while back and everyonce in a while when i turn it on it squeils in the back of the engine. it is for sure in the back like around the firewall. not sure what it is. was told when they pulled the engine it might have been because they hit the fly wheel guard on something and now when i turn it on and it flex's it rubs the guard? dont really know a whole lot about that but could someone enlighten me about it? and what means i could do to fix it. i was told its not damaging in anyway but the noise really gets on my nerves. any help would be great. thanks

Dave

I know this seems to happen on 1st gen Neons a lot. It was caused by the exhaust gasket that connected the exhaust headers to the exhaust pipe. This rubber gasket would break down and allow the headers and pipe on a heat shield. Of course the only time you realized it was when you went to start. I am guessing it is something like that is rubbing on your car and causing the problem. I know on the Neon's the fix was to replace the gasket and push the heat shield further away from the pipes.