Motorcyclist, 18, killed when his cycle strikes car

RC51 John

[url:3c401]http://www.dispatch.com/dispatch/content/local_news/stories/2007/05/24/mbrf24_ART_05-24-07_B4_P66QG55.html[/url:3c401]

WESTERVILLE

An 18-year-old man was killed when he lost control of his motorcycle and crashed into a car on Sunbury Road near Hoover Reservoir, Westerville police said late last night.

The collision occurred at 10:05 p.m. on Sunbury Road near Marlene Drive, a few blocks south of the Delaware County line, police said.

Details were sketchy as the crash remained under investigation. There was no word on whether anyone else was hurt.

Sunbury Road was closed between Marlene Drive and College Avenue for two hours after the crash.

[/quote:3c401]

Sad news.

I heard about this from a friend.

[url:5294f]http://www.dispatch.com/dispatch/content/local_news/stories/2007/05/24/mbrf24_ART_05-24-07_B4_P66QG55.html[/url:5294f]

WESTERVILLE

An 18-year-old man was killed when he lost control of his motorcycle and crashed into a car on Sunbury Road near Hoover Reservoir, Westerville police said late last night.

The collision occurred at 10:05 p.m. on Sunbury Road near Marlene Drive, a few blocks south of the Delaware County line, police said.

Details were sketchy as the crash remained under investigation. There was no word on whether anyone else was hurt.

Sunbury Road was closed between Marlene Drive and College Avenue for two hours after the crash.

Sad news.

I heard about this from a friend.[/quote:5294f]

I had posted about this in another thread.. that's right down the road from me and stealth (like 3 minutes). What's really bad is that the wreck we (whomever it was I rode with on Monday) down the road also ended in a fatality.

From my understanding, this wreck happened when the kid was riding home after working on a school project with a group of friends (who were in cages). There may have been racing involved, at least from what I heard the kid lost control weaving in and out of cars, high sided and hit a fire hydrant.

[url:b4357]http://www.dispatch.com/dispatch/content/local_news/stories/2007/05/24/mbrf24_ART_05-24-07_B4_P66QG55.html[/url:b4357]

WESTERVILLE

Sad news.

I heard about this from a friend.

I had posted about this in another thread.. that's right down the road from me and stealth (like 3 minutes). What's really bad is that the wreck we (whomever it was I rode with on Monday) down the road also ended in a fatality.

From my understanding, this wreck happened when the kid was riding home after working on a school project with a group of friends (who were in cages). There may have been racing involved, at least from what I heard the kid lost control weaving in and out of cars, high sided and hit a fire hydrant.[/quote:b4357]

I looked for a previous posting, but I guess I didn't look hard enough.