02 explorer misfire

88lx5oh

02 explorer 4.6l v8

thing ran fine, then my wife drove it to work the next day and shit.. started to misfire.. shaking at idle at a light.

popped a CEL up.

cylinder 1 misfire code P0301

Misfire detected first 1000 revolutions code P0316

System to lean Bank 1 code P0171

changed plugs out tonight, and reset the battery also went and got some more gas and put some injector cleaner in it, CEl is gone but still misfires.

most likely will get a new coil tomorrow for the #1 cylinder.

any other suggestions

replaced the coil today.

stupid fords.. changed the coil out, and it kept the misfire (mind you i unhooked the battery while changing, so memory was cleared) turned the key and problem persist. well i say fuck it, drove it home (did this in the autozone parking lot, so if i had to buy anything else i could walk right in instead of drive back there) on the way home stuttered it almost every light. got to one of the last lights, i notice its not stuttering. misifre is gone. coil must have fixed it, but the ECU must had to learn itself back into the grove, since it was leaning itself out.

couil on plug is a good but bad idea.. i dont think ford has this down quite yet.

i did some research i see the coils are a huge problem. and especially if there is any moisture at all. i heard somethig about a coolant line that runs right across the top of a coil and that is the most commen place. oh well its fixed another day antoher dollar. i can make it to work today..