questions for all the other insomniacs out there...

Spidey2721

.. have any of you found any good tried and true ways to help you sleep? I cant really fall asleep anymore till I am completely exhausted. I have always been a night owl and dj'n doesn't help as I get home 3 nights a week around 3 am and usually cant relax after till 4 or 5 am. Anyone found any sleep aids that actually work and are not prescription or habit forming?

I usually get home from work around 2am. Like you, I cant relax or force myself to goto sleep as soon as I walk through the door. Its impossible for me. The time I usually DO end up falling asleep is before 6am. If I stay awake any longer I start thinking about stuff I could be getting accomplished.

Either way, to help me fall asleep, Wal-Mart brand Equate Maximum Strength sleep aid liquidcaps. They are 50mg a pop, and your only supposed to take 1 before u attempt to goto sleep. I usually take 2. After about 25mins your golden. They are non-addicting. Give that a try.

I usually get home from work around 2am. Like you, I cant relax or force myself to goto sleep as soon as I walk through the door. Its impossible for me. The time I usually DO end up falling asleep is before 6am. If I stay awake any longer I start thinking about stuff I could be getting accomplished.

Either way, to help me fall asleep, Wal-Mart brand Equate Maximum Strength sleep aid liquidcaps. They are 50mg a pop, and your only supposed to take 1 before u attempt to goto sleep. I usually take 2. After about 25mins your golden. They are non-addicting. Give that a try.

How can you say a sleep aid is non-addicting? Thats is some of the biggest bullshit I have ever heard! So nicotine isnt addicting either is it? Ha.

Lets say youre tired and you cant go to sleep and you have some of these sleeping pills that youre NOT addicted to right. Well your laying there in your bed or watching TV or whatever and you think, damn, I cant sleep. Hmm... Well its ok I'll just take one of these sleeping aids. Next few nights- same thing. Eventually you will gain a tolerance to these and then youre taking 2X recommended dose, like you are, then it is 3X, then 4x and so on. Even with the Ambien, RX, it can become addictive. This is ok if you want to go that route but I just think it is ridiculous how some people depend on medications. (I'm not saying some meds arent nesessary cuz they are) Next you will be taking the green one to go to sleep, then the red one to wake you up in the morning. I bet your liver and kidneys LOVE you.

I dont mean to rant, its just what I think about sleeping pills.

Besides, there is a logical answer to the question of how to fall asleep... Start Clicking the :nws: icons and rub one off! :p

There is a cheap liquor called Southern Comfort that you can pickup at Meijers or just about anywhere. It tastes HORRIBLE but will give you a warm, fuzzy, go to bed and sleep good feeling. Nyquil works good for me too...but i may just have an alcohol dependancy..

I was told that it takes your body 21 times of doing something, for your body to create a habbit. So here are some things that helped me, when you go to bed try sleep, dont use your bed to watch tv or do homework that way everytime you go to bed your body will tell you that you are tired (like when you walk into the kitchen even if you are not hungry you still look into the fridge, thats because you have made a habbit out of it), also try to stick to a strick schedule, but i have heard ambian would be the next step.