270 westbound around 315 to dublin

87GT

It seems most of the time when I am coming off 71 and going west on 270 to get to Dublin there are usually cops, highway patrol, or motorcycle cops under bridges with Lasers. They like to sit around sawmill road area. Also they like to sit right before the tuttle mall exit. I've seen them sit on the left side of the road in the part of the walls that overlap each other so the car is hidden. They are walking around with a laser. I've also seen them sit their car in front of a normal passenger van. Then a bit more up the road is another one waiting to pull you over.

I wish they'd also "target" fuckers who swerve across three lanes because they forgot their exit was only half a mile away. I don't mind being passed by folks doing 90. I do mind having my life flash by as some bitch with a phone on her ear rushes to her evening pedicure.

I wish they'd also "target" fuckers who swerve across three lanes because they forgot their exit was only half a mile away. I don't mind being passed by folks doing 90. I do mind having my life flash by as some bitch with a phone on her ear rushes to her evening pedicure.

I second that!!!

I hear that!

And I don't watch tv or news so I didn't know it was already on TV =)

• 2 weeks later...
that's odd maybe it's more near rush hours because i live next to the tutle mall and use both 270 and 161/33 in that area a couple times a day and I feel like I rarely ever see them, they do like to sit before the tutle exit but they sit in one of those no U-turn lanes so they are very easy to spot well before they can see you. I guess I just am lucky and don't drive at the right hours...

that's odd maybe it's more near rush hours because i live next to the tutle mall and use both 270 and 161/33 in that area a couple times a day and I feel like I rarely ever see them, they do like to sit before the tutle exit but they sit in one of those no U-turn lanes so they are very easy to spot well before they can see you. I guess I just am lucky and don't drive at the right hours...

I see them mostly between 8-9am and 12-1pm

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I like when they wait at the exit ramp at sawmill rd right at the tip of the exit where the ramp goes right and traffice can stay straight towards the right side. I keep a camera with me and next time, I'm going to snap a shot as it's a great spot. Can nab folks exiting or flying by straight. I exit there all the time and know about ever spot they wait. Haven't been caught yet :rolleyes:

The nice thing about the breaks in the wall is you can see the lights on top or the antenna's if you know where to look. I see them on the eastbound side just after entering Sawmill. They nail you with laser from behind if you're not aware. Me, I just speed by in the center lane and let the guys on either side run road-block.

They also wait eastbound on the far left after a slight drop in elevation that can be a surprise...just past the water towers.

Shadows of bridges like on 270W as others noted is a good spot and sneaky too. Drivers often can't see them on sunny days as your eyes can't adjust to the darkness so easily.

Again, just be aware of where they typically are and you'll be fine most of the time. I also drive with a very small scanner concealed and mounted. It's more effective than my V1, and very useful on Air Patrolled areas. I find it more fun finding VASCAR spots than listening to radio. I can pretty much follow along as they radio each other back and forth. Saves my bacon weekly with as much as I drive. Easily picks up the trunk repeaters that many Troopers have in their cars. Otherwise, just the frequencies alone being monitored helps me.

Guest drumer919
What scanner do you have? I have a radio shack handheld "race" scanner that I programmed the GC police frequences into but it not designed for trunking systems, plus their data channel changes every day at midnight to one of the 5 channels they use so I have to take 30 seconds to lock that and unlock the one it used the day before. I use it when I'm around GC but its useless on trips out of the area cause it cant ever follow the trunking system unless I know and have time to program every frequency it uses.