US Nationals weekend!

ChevyMan1972

Wish us luck...

I am leavin with Dad and the Head racing crew on Thursday to help out. Wish us luck and maybe we can win another US Nationals victory which would make 3 :)

We have a realy good team this year and hope to qualify good and run right with the pack all weekend. Anyone else coming over to watch?

Dan

Well just got home from Indy and.......what a good weekend.

Lets start off by sayin that it was the quickest 16 funny car field in history! So on Fri we ran 4.801 @ 320...which ended up being the bump spot. So we had to run number 1 qualifier.....guess who that was? Yep Mr. John Force :( so monday came around for final eleminations and we are the 3rd pair up and everyone was thinking MAJOR upset to win.....YAY!!! John Force red lights by -.006 so we move onto the 2nd round. Up against Mike Ashley.....he smokes the tires and we get another victory....time for the semi's against Whit Bazemore.

In between rounds we had to change motor's and blower 1st round......2nd round we broke a blower belt knocking off the carbon fiber Injector breaking it in 1/2. And on our 3rd round up we go with lane choice....at the green light instantly smoking the tires....Whit gets about 1/2 track out and he smokes the tires Jim decides to pedal it and ended up catching him at the finishline....I am screaming on the top of my lungs everyone around me was looking at me like "Who is this fruitcake"? Anyway I started to walk back to the pit's and I hear a loud bOOOOO BOOOOOO! Watch up at the "Powerade" vision and looked :( we just about crossed the finishline and clipped the timer cone....and Jim was disqualified.....talking about bursting your bubble.....

Anywho just thought I would share the AWESOME weekend we had...almost had another US Nationals victory to our belt. That would have made 3.....2 in funny car and one in Top Fuel dragster....

Not 2 bad for an Independant budget team huh?

http://www.nhra.com read all about it!

Thanks,

Dan