Autocross at OSU this weekend...

Dr. Apex

That's why I do Joe, most people just want to make it out to one here and there and not have to look up all the info. Are you coming this weekend??

Jacob, hope you can, just be ready for some racing with the top up maybe!!

That's why I do Joe, most people just want to make it out to one here and there and not have to look up all the info. Are you coming this weekend??

I have to check with the rotary gods. Should know this afternoon. Wiring on new equipment should be done today. Just need tuned and alined.

ill try to make it out.

probably wont run though,

shocks going bad + bigger wheels = rubbing

but about what time should i get there because i showed up at the very end last time?

Racing starts at 9:30am sharp, goes until its finished which is usually between 3-5pm.

Jacob, there are several good tires out there. With only 1 rain event so far I havn't been able to see what works best, though we don't have many so most people don't buy rain oriented tires. According to Tire Rack the Dunlop SP Sport Maxx was rated a perfect 10 in the rain. I have KDW's and their pretty good. The Azenis rt-615 is good wet or dry, or the Hankook RS-2 is excellent in the rain imo.

Hope to see you out there Joe, will the Rotary gods awnser a prayer from a dsm'er?? :D

Broken, there are 3 more events this year. Oct. 8 and 22, and Nov.5 as well, hopefully that's enough time for you.

Cool..that should be plenty.

Mojoe, we should try and show up to the same event. LS1/FD vs. Rotary FD....should be interesting :D

I'm starting my car tomorrow morning anfter changing a few things. As long as all is good I will have it tuned tomorrow afternoon. After the tune I am game. What do you have done to the LS1?

I'm starting my car tomorrow morning anfter changing a few things. As long as all is good I will have it tuned tomorrow afternoon. After the tune I am game. What do you have done to the LS1?

Nothing..the engine is stock, except for headers. The FD is pretty modified as far as handling goes though. On the other note, I havn't driven the car in about 15 months lol..so I still have a lot of familiarizing to do.

Should be fun. ;)

What tire do the street tire guys run for wet conditions?

It the surface is simply wet or damp, I run regular pressures.

If it is raining and there is standing / running water, I run higher than normal pressures, about 7 to 10 lbs depending on the car. We want to increase the weight respective to the contact area so we disperse the water and get down to the grippy asphalt.

Driving has more to do with it though. A premium is placed on smooth inputs to brake, throttle, and steering. A quick movement makes the tire loose traction.

I should be there. I just bought a set of Azenis rt-615's and steel wheels. I wasn't able to get the the size I wanted so I am having some major clearance issues. But I think I can get everything straightened out. At least I hope. I hope they work as good as everyone says. Everything I have read has been good. Andy

P.S. Pray for good weather. Heavy rear wheel drive car with moderate horsepower and amatuer drive, equals NOT GOOD. :)

I should be there. I just bought a set of Azenis rt-615's and steel wheels. I wasn't able to get the the size I wanted so I am having some major clearance issues. But I think I can get everything straightened out. At least I hope. I hope they work as good as everyone says. Everything I have read has been good. Andy

P.S. Pray for good weather. Heavy rear wheel drive car with moderate horsepower and amatuer drive, equals NOT GOOD. :)

Those are good tires Andy, you will like them. Right now they're saying the rain should end by saturday night. If not, you will be able to polish your drifting skills on sunday!! The one event we had rain at Cooper, I got 1 dry lap in and that's it! I said screw it and left the slicks on and just had fun spinning off the course!

What a fun ass day. I managed to really blow it on my first lap and murder about four cones, one of which was melted from being stuck in my header and can never be used again!!

There was a nice long left hand sweeper that I was drifting quite well, I will be posting video in the vids section shortly.