Computer Help anyone?

Kevin R.

I seem to be having some problems with my brand new laptop (Toshiba Satellite).

It worked great up until I installed Photoshop. I came home the other night and it froze. I turned it off with the Power button, and upon start up, it wouldn't start. So, I had to "Start computer using previous settings" or some shit like that. Anyway, it loaded, finally got me on, and was running slow and shitty.

I uninstalled Photoshop and everything that came with it. After I did that, it still ran shitty. So I did the System Backup and got the settings from about a week ago. Runs a little better, but still freezes temporarily and slows down. Ran AVG virus check, nothing came up, defragmented, deleted files, the works. Now, I don't have much on this computer besides a few programs since I got it, so I don't see how it could have been effected by Photoshop. That is why I no longer think that was it, because it still runs shitty.

So, does anyone know anything else I can check?

Also, upon shutdown/restart..it says something about a file dwwin.exe. I searched for it and it looks to be a system file, but wasn't a virus or anything.

I am pissed because this thing is brand new and I didn't even do anything to it.

Any help or suggestions (besides throw it in the trash)

Most new laptops don't come with restore cd's. If his is like my Vaio then there is probably a third party system restore utility loaded onto a protected portion of the hard drive. Supposedly even with a virus or the computer not being able to boot properly in theory you can access that portion and have everything installed on the computer that was there when it left the factory.

This is what my VAIO has in it,

"Phoenix FirstWare Recover Pro is an always-available and tamperproof recovery tool built into the core of the PC. As part of the Phoenix Core Managed Environment™ (cME), this ideal recovery solution stores user data, applications, and the operating system (OS) in the secured host protected area (HPA) of the hard drive. Users can easily recover systems to their original factory conditions or to a more recent state without factory-supplied restore CDs or the assistance of technical support teams. This significantly reduces your warranty costs."

Ya I dont think I have a restore CD. It is fucking weird. No spyware. No viruses. Just takes for fucking ever to load and my sound is shitty like some crazy program is running all the time, but nothing is.

Something is slowing my shit down...but i dont know what.