1997 Mercury Mountaineer

Wease

I'm selling my Mountaineer and my Navigator to make room for another SUV. I've decided that I don't need both, so they are both up for sale to make room for something else. :)

It's in great condition and runs perfect. Brakes were just done, as well as new ball joints, and the tires are fairly new. White exterior, graphite leather interior, 5.0L V8, AC, power seats, lumbar, CD player, driver and passenger airbags, ABS, AWD, luggage rack, and tow package.

Mileage is 87,000, which is low for a vehicle of this year. I'm asking $5700 for it. I found a very similar 1997 Mountaineer (same mileage and color, actually) on Autotrader for $6990, so I think this price is more than fair. More pictures are located

here. Any questions, just PM me. :)

http://www.wease.net/Mountaineer/M1.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
Man.....My wife and I were just discussing purchasing one of these last night. I will get back to you when i talk to her and show her the pics. No issues with it?

No, it's in great shape. Runs and drives perfect. It's a really nice SUV. I know the first person that comes out and looks at it will buy it. It's in really good condition. Send me a PM if you want my phone number so you can come out and see it... :)

• 2 weeks later...
I can't believe I haven't sold this yet. KBB says I should be asking over $6K for it... :(
\

Welcome to my world:) I wish their was a "Buy Now" button on KBB so they would buy it!

Welcome to my world:) I wish their was a "Buy Now" button on KBB so they would buy it!

I don't know what it is. If someone came out to see it, they'd realize it was a steal. It's in great shape and needs nothing... :(

• 2 weeks later...
Is the KBB price you are asking RETAIL, PRIVATE PARTY or TRADE IN value? Has the tranny been serviced (the weak link in this SUV line)?

Yes, the tranny has been serviced. Just recently, actually.

Here are the KBB values for Private Party:

Excellent

$6,355

Good

$5,855

Fair

$5,205

I place the condition of it somewhere between Good and Excellent. But even at "Good", that's still $400+ more than I'm asking. So again, this is a good deal... :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...