2 w-body problems

thorne

My wife's 2001 Grand Prix SE 3.1V6

AC/Heater Only has level 5 blower, and sometimes that goes out when it goes out she loses her autoheadlights sensor

My car 2005 Monte Carlo SS

Tranny case has a slight leak.

- Is it time for a rebuild ? ( I wanna gear it next spring can it wait till then ? )

Blower problem : resistor module for the blower motor is bad. GM did a bang up job on them, the resistors dont have enough airflow on them and burn out.

Plan on spending 2 hours laying upside down on the passenger seat with your head planted into the firewall to get the old one out, one of the 3 screws that hold it in it is right against the firewall. Flex joints and wobble extensions are required.

Also, when it all goes out, that is likely the ignition switch starting to go bad. Does you wife leave the blower on full all the time (paticulaly when she is starting and turning off the car)? If so, the contacts in the ignition switch are arcing and will soon enough be completely dead. Make sure she is turning the blower off before she starts or turns off the car.

Hope this helps.