Impressions from 9-8-06

coltboostin

The majority of people in here from CR have signed up for Norwalk.

NOT ONE OF YOU CLEVELAND FUCKS HAVE EVEN TRIED TO SIGN UP, although you talk about it almost as much as you talk about stupid bullshit.

This is no longer a shameless plug to get attendance, the is now a show up or shut the fuck up. I'm about done watching you white trash losers pull your "cars" from the blocks in your front yard to bench race them.

The challenge is out. Don't bring some pussy fucking Colts that bitch out and have problems as much as they have excuses. Bring some real cars, some real people, and some real challenges. Otherwise, go pester someone else. This is getting old.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. If I was going to say it was one of the fastest EVO's in the country, then I would have typed something like this:

The IPS EVO is one of the fastest EVO's in the country.

When exactly did reading comprehension bitch slap several people in this thread? Seriously, I made a simple bet: either accept it and have some fun or ignore it and quit wasting my fucking time.

Actually, if you knew anything about these cars, you would realize that your reference to a 140mph trap would put the car in question amoungst "one of the fastest EVO's in the country". I think the posted list clearly proves that :)

Just stating some facts that may make people do a little thinking on what they have.

Yes, I know what you were doing. And I'm just trying to have a little fun. Without a car to race, I have to resort to these kinds of things. ;)

Actually, if you knew anything about these cars, you would realize that your reference to a 140mph trap would put the car in question amoungst "one of the fastest EVO's in the country". I think the posted list clearly proves that :)

Okay, great. So maybe Mike's EVO will be on that list after it runs at the track. I mean, there have to be 10 different EVO's that make up the 10 fastest in the country - so who's to say that Mike's can't be one of them, right? Then again, maybe after it runs at the track it won't be. Oh well, life will go on. In any event, let's not turn this into "Tilley is saying that the IPS EVO is the fastest car in the world." No, I made a bet that it would trap 140 - if that means, by implication, that it's one of the fastest EVO's in the country, then so be it. I ran my mouth, I'm willing to stand by it. That's me. Maybe it was a stupid bet, maybe it wasn't. Not sure if I'll ever find out, though, since no one - including you, who seems to know so much about EVO's - has bothered to take me up on it. :)

I'd take ya up on it tilley, but, I'm throwing $100 in to say it will trap 140 when (if) it goes to the track. I don't know much about EVOs, but I got walked and my car should be around 129-133 based on other cobras times.

NOT ONE OF YOU CLEVELAND FUCKS HAVE EVEN TRIED TO SIGN UP, although you talk about it almost as much as you talk about stupid bullshit.

This is no longer a shameless plug to get attendance, the is now a show up or shut the fuck up. I'm about done watching you white trash losers pull your "cars" from the blocks in your front yard to bench race them.

The challenge is out. Don't bring some pussy fucking Colts that bitch out and have problems as much as they have excuses. Bring some real cars, some real people, and some real challenges. Otherwise, go pester someone else. This is getting old.

:leghump: :D anthony, you are my hero!

I'd take ya up on it tilley, but, I'm throwing $100 in to say it will trap 140 when (if) it goes to the track. I don't know much about EVOs, but I got walked and my car should be around 129-133 based on other cobras times.

I knew someone was going to throw out a logical statement about Mike's evo sooner or later. Lets not forget what that car did to Linn, is anyone going to consider what Linn may be trapping? I, if possible, would put a bet on that EVO too. I don't fucking care whether it is one of the fastest in the country, hell, maybe it is.

Okay, great. So maybe Mike's EVO will be on that list after it runs at the track. I mean, there have to be 10 different EVO's that make up the 10 fastest in the country - so who's to say that Mike's can't be one of them, right? Then again, maybe after it runs at the track it won't be. Oh well, life will go on. In any event, let's not turn this into "Tilley is saying that the IPS EVO is the fastest car in the world." No, I made a bet that it would trap 140 - if that means, by implication, that it's one of the fastest EVO's in the country, then so be it. I ran my mouth, I'm willing to stand by it. That's me. Maybe it was a stupid bet, maybe it wasn't. Not sure if I'll ever find out, though, since no one - including you, who seems to know so much about EVO's - has bothered to take me up on it. :)

How is it John is able to bring clarity to a conflict when simply trying to have a little fun? The people who come out of the wood work with their ounce on knowledge to shoot someone down absolutely kill me. ( Mike, you probably do know a lot about EVO's, but I'm making my point in reference to your post and John's reply) Is it so hard for us to learn from these threads? If you have a strong point to make, just post the link, vid, or whatever for proof. The beating someone over the head and shit talking approach is getting ridicules on here. My .02.

So you are saying its one of the 10 fastes Evo's in the country? If so great for them.

AMS EVO - 165.2 mph

Buschur EVO - 164 mph

Curt Brown - 155.3 mph

TurboTrix Evo - 154 mph

Dan Bajalis - 152 mph

Dynoflash EVO - 151.09 mph

Matt Smith - 143 mph

Doug Parks - 141 mph

Nick Andy - 139.7

Adam Dubienczuk - 139.27 mph

Actually we here are fully aware of what everyone else in the country runs. I read EvolutionM as well as Mike. From what is done to the car and what those cars are making HP wise I "think" Mike's car will be on that list, the bottom of the list but yea on the list.

Also when did Trap speed matter isn't it the ET that counts? Trap speed if those cars that either cann'y drive well enough to get a lower ET for their trap or the platform they choose do not have the proper driveline to make us of the power the car is making to propel the car to the ET the car should run.

Just one question, since when is traps so important, isnt the time more important then the trap speed.

Gearhead, I will bet you 100$ that the evo DOES have a 35R on it.

JP, there were a few cars there that night that will be at 140 traps. Just because they dont look like it doesnt mean they wont. Also there were alot of cars there that will run low 10's but only trap 120's, maybe 130's. So are we to say that these cars are not impressive. I say that is quite impressive.

Only because we are referring to roll racing. If this was about going from a dig, it would be a different story.

Also, since the IPS Evo has already been claimed to be 140mph capable by an IPS employee, this is where the bet sprouted from. Speaking of, Tilley, did you agree/disagree to my offer?

NOT ONE OF YOU CLEVELAND FUCKS HAVE EVEN TRIED TO SIGN UP,

Again, your partner in crime decided to ban all of Cleveland except me, and maybe Jamie.

No, I think you banned him as well. So, don’t cry about it, you are only yelling at me over the internet. :)

Tell you buddy thanks for fucking up what could have been some good track day attendance. :thumbup:

No, JP, I'm going to politely decline it.

Ok, well sign me up for the $20 Gearhead special then. AKA-No holds barn, stripped, sprayed, GT42, whatever-if the IPS EVO goes 140mph this year (on the 29th I am assuming is the day this will go down) You will have my money.

Is this bet still available?

If you have a strong point to make, just post the link, vid, or whatever for proof. The beating someone over the head and shit talking approach is getting ridicules on here. My .02.

I'm not trying to stir the pot any further.

My point was: the list is a strong point by the poster. I realize that most of you guys do not know the names of the people/shops on that list. Most of those poeple have been doing DSMs/EVOs for over a decade with VERY PROVEN results. It would be very shortsighted, and discrediting to these people's hard work, for someone else to just put a car together and make claims based on hopes and dreams.

With all that said, I have been trying to stay very open minded about this car and I think it has the potential to do nice things. However, cars don't just roll out and run 140mph unless the planets align. There's much more to making a dyno number or feeling like it is fast on the street and going out and proving it. My car has made over 650whp and weighs less than 3000lbs. Why has it only gone 128mph? I've spent two years troubleshooting issues with why my car has underachieved with the limited finances I've had to work with. I also have the best resources available to me that my little DSM worls has to offer in terms of help and advice. Something happens each time, a part fails, the planets aren't aligned :) , ETC...

It just is easier said than done is all my point is. The people on that list have been doing it a long time. I guarantee if you ask Dave Buschur, he will tell you that they have 10 letdowns compared to 1 feel good day when it comes to drag racing.

Also when did Trap speed matter isn't it the ET that counts? Trap speed if those cars that either cann'y drive well enough to get a lower ET for their trap or the platform they choose do not have the proper driveline to make us of the power the car is making to propel the car to the ET the car should run.

OK, I'll take the bait :D

So what is the targeted ET to go along with said 140mph trap speed?

JP, you can sign them up under your name. I cannot think of the other non-CR people that have signed up via a CR member. Lame excuse on your end, at best.

That "buddy" is also my brother, so I agree with his decisions for the most part. If any of your boys actually contributed something worthwhile instead of flapping their gums and swinging from your nuts, they'd still be around.

The offer still stands. They can sign up through you, or are they scared and full of excuses still?

OK, I'll take the bait :D

So what is the targeted ET to go along with said 140mph trap speed?

The hope for is 10.40-10.90. I know hope for is not the same as doing. I did not say the car traps 140, I said Mike's car should be in that range as JP said none of the cars in the parking lot were close.

I still think that ET is weaksause for the power the car makes, but the driveline is not up to the task, without taking 3 trannys to the track.

I still think that ET is weaksause for the power the car makes, but the driveline is not up to the task, without taking 3 trannys to the track.

EVO trannys are fairly stout and cars in that power range (compared to DSMs) and racers have gone multiple seasons on them. Front diffs are a problem and rear axles eventually become one. It sounded to me in talking with Jeff that you guys have had some bad luck with the dealer rebuilder. Mike needs to get Shepherd on his next rebuild once the dealer isn't covering it :)

I would predict that the car will ET somewhere between 10.80-11.20 if the 60' is in the mid to low 1.7 range. He'll have traction issues on drag radials with the 2.3l

JP, you can sign them up under your name. I cannot think of the other non-CR people that have signed up via a CR member. Lame excuse on your end, at best.

That "buddy" is also my brother, so I agree with his decisions for the most part. If any of your boys actually contributed something worthwhile instead of flapping their gums and swinging from your nuts, they'd still be around.

The offer still stands. They can sign up through you, or are they scared and full of excuses still?

Well, your brutha dissed them- they dont feel the need to support your cause. And I "agree with there decisions." :) They will see more than enough action that night as it is, and not have to pay a fee to play.

The hope for is 10.40-10.90.

David disagrees with you.

http://media.putfile.com/Worlds-Fastest-EVO-8-Buschur-Racing

Stock front diff, rear diff, transfer case, axels, non dog box built by mitsu tranny…..

Everything except the clutch.

EVO trannys are fairly stout and cars in that power range (compared to DSMs) and racers have gone multiple seasons on them. Front diffs are a problem and rear axles eventually become one. It sounded to me in talking with Jeff that you guys have had some bad luck with the dealer rebuilder. Mike needs to get Shepherd on his next rebuild once the dealer isn't covering it :)

I would predict that the car will ET somewhere between 10.80-11.20 if the 60' is in the mid to low 1.7 range. He'll have traction issues on drag radials with the 2.3l

Mike is on tranny number 3 which is what had lead me to my conclusion.

Sorry for being wrong.

Mike is on tranny number 3 which is what had lead me to my conclusion.

Sorry for being wrong.

No you aren't wrong. That was my point as it seems crazy for him to be on a 3rd box already. That is why I would question the aptitude of the guy/dealer that rebuilt the original boxes. They just shouldn't be failing like that.

Well, your brutha dissed them- they dont feel the need to support your cause. And I "agree with there decisions." :)

Touche.

Ok, well sign me up for the $20 Gearhead special then. AKA-No holds barn, stripped, sprayed, GT42, whatever-if the IPS EVO goes 140mph this year (on the 29th I am assuming is the day this will go down) You will have my money.

Is this bet still available?

Yup, still available. So, we're on for $20. :cool: