Tattoo Pictures...

DeathSandwich

I was originally going to post up just to see if anyone had a good picture of george clooney's tattoo that he had in "From Dusk 'Till Dawn".... but how about everyone just post up their tattoos, and the story behind them (if there is one). Or just post up any cool tattoos.... yeahhh... i'll start

this is the only picture of clooney's tattoo I could find (which is why I'm looking for a better one)

http://www.bellaonline.us/~bodyart/movie/dusk_dawn/clooney_arm.jpg

That has to be in the top 5 of the stupiest, most pointless tattoos I've ever seen.

Please show me a tattoo that is ‘smart’ or is useful?

Like "Look at this tattoo, it can open up bottles of beer" or "Look at this tattoo, I just figured out theoretically how to have positive energy production from fission and decided to have it tattooed on me so I won't forget it."

Tattoos of pictures of your children or anyone for that matter, animals, crosses or Jesus, tributes to loved ones who have died, cartoon characters, art pieces, 'tribal' anywhere (whether it's on your arm like Clooney’s or not), girls with 'targets' on their lower backs (that's a weak target anyways, put it on your neck or least the middle of the back), anything with thorns, barbed wire, or lightning in it, anything having to do with a band (especially metallica and megadeath), anything musical for that matter, butterflies, a sport you do, any affiliations to organizations (fraternities or sororities, navy, marines, army, air force, etc.), Chinese or Japanese characters, especially if you don't know what they mean, dragons, flowers, hello kitty, the apple logo, a heart, angels wings, stars, skull & cross bones, barcodes, anything related to a Nightmare Before Christmas, anything having to do with your heritage, and anything else I didn't think of are all stupid and pointless. There's no such thing as a tattoo that’s smart or witty or has a point to it. There's nothing wrong with getting or having one but that doesn't make them smart to have or useful to have. Especially when a tattoo can be more likened to artwork than anything else and is therefore completely subjective.

Please show me a tattoo that is ‘smart’ or is useful?

Like "Look at this tattoo, it can open up bottles of beer" or "Look at this tattoo, I just figured out theoretically how to have positive energy production from fission and decided to have it tattooed on me so I won't forget it."

Tattoos of pictures of your children or anyone for that matter, animals, crosses or Jesus, tributes to loved ones who have died, cartoon characters, art pieces, 'tribal' anywhere (whether it's on your arm like Clooney’s or not), girls with 'targets' on their lower backs (that's a weak target anyways, put it on your neck or least the middle of the back), anything with thorns, barbed wire, or lightning in it, anything having to do with a band (especially metallica and megadeath), anything musical for that matter, butterflies, a sport you do, any affiliations to organizations (fraternities or sororities, navy, marines, army, air force, etc.), Chinese or Japanese characters, especially if you don't know what they mean, dragons, flowers, hello kitty, the apple logo, a heart, angels wings, stars, skull & cross bones, barcodes, anything related to a Nightmare Before Christmas, anything having to do with your heritage, and anything else I didn't think of are all stupid and pointless. There's no such thing as a tattoo that’s smart or witty or has a point to it. There's nothing wrong with getting or having one but that doesn't make them smart to have or useful to have. Especially when a tattoo can be more likened to artwork than anything else and is therefore completely subjective.

im just guessing you dont have a tattoo :) I think they are great if you have them and it makes you happy then thats all that matters. You dont go and get a tattoo bc you think other people are going to like it unless your fucking stupid. Everyone has their own opinion...and maybe you dont have one bc you hate needles...i dont know.

im just guessing you dont have a tattoo :) I think they are great if you have them and it makes you happy then thats all that matters. You dont go and get a tattoo bc you think other people are going to like it unless your fucking stupid. Everyone has their own opinion...and maybe you dont have one bc you hate needles...i dont know.

Actually if you read my last two sentences in a different light that's pretty much what I was trying to say. No, I don't have a tattoo, but I'd actually love to get one at some point, I just have no idea what I'd want that much. Needles or (normal amounts) of pain don't bother me one bit, so that's not it either.

The one thing I do think is silly is getting a tattoo somewhere that can't be covered up by a short sleeved shirt or pants. But that's just my opinion. Also I work in an industry where that would be highly frowned upon and I'd be hard pressed to ever find a job if I walked in for an interview and had a visible tattoo.

Tattoo's that are thought over and not just picked out of a flash book usually do have a point. Are you saying that monuments or tributes have no point? It is excactly the same thing just in a smaller venue. When it means something to you and it's not there to just look cool, then it probably has a point or meaning. That tribal tattoo may have a meaning, but he said he wants one just like it, I'm sure he is not looking into a meaning of any of it.

Actually if you read my last two sentences in a different light that's pretty much what I was trying to say. No, I don't have a tattoo, but I'd actually love to get one at some point, I just have no idea what I'd want that much. Needles or (normal amounts) of pain don't bother me one bit, so that's not it either.

The one thing I do think is silly is getting a tattoo somewhere that can't be covered up by a short sleeved shirt or pants. But that's just my opinion. Also I work in an industry where that would be highly frowned upon and I'd be hard pressed to ever find a job if I walked in for an interview and had a visible tattoo.

I totally agree. the 3 that i have all are covered up even when im wearing a tank top....except the one on my shoulder...some cover it and some dont. luckily they are cool at the place I work and im allowed to wear my nose piercing....which is tiny anyways....but it makes me happy. i guess it just depends on where u work. my hubby has 9 tats and they arent covered with a t-shirt....he wants to get sleeves which i think are hott on some guys it just all depends on your look if you can pull it off or not....sorry im rambling :)

I totally agree. the 3 that i have all are covered up even when im wearing a tank top....except the one on my shoulder...some cover it and some dont. luckily they are cool at the place I work and im allowed to wear my nose piercing....which is tiny anyways....but it makes me happy. i guess it just depends on where u work. my hubby has 9 tats and they arent covered with a t-shirt....he wants to get sleeves which i think are hott on some guys it just all depends on your look if you can pull it off or not....sorry im rambling :)