Blown-in insulation ?s

Stampede

If you talking blown in, you probably dont have the equipment and would need a professional company come and do it. However you would get a better insulation with blown in vs. batt material. Check with a local company you may find that a company that blows it in might be cheaper than laying the batt material. And to do it correctly it is time consuming. You might be at like $.40sf blown in vs $.45sf batt plus your labor.

Well, I'm going to have to blow-it in, do to the fact I have an all brick, outside with 2x4 interior walls. So I was going to drill down from the attic.

I'm going to buy the insulation from Lowes', and they will let me use the machine free. I just need to figure out how much insulation to buy.

Thanks.

Guest noslo306
call parkfeild insulation they should hook you up on a good price i used to work for them and they use all nu-wool product flame retardant and all good comany to deal with and they can have it done in a matter of hours

To get onto each of the sections in between studs you would have to drill alot of holes and I would think it would seriously ess with the structural integrity of the walls. I have only see holes drill through drywall into each section and the the drywall was repaired..