Car Pains.....

V8 Beast

Has anyone noticed that no matter how hard you try there is always at least one thing wrong with your car!!! I'm getting pissed because my car is starting to domino. 12 bolt is leaking, baffle in the muffler is loose (sounds horrible), and my traction control and abs sensors are going haywire. The worst part about that is it retards my engine at 3000 rpm's. Well back to the garage, if any body has a spare drivers side tcs sensor laying around PM me

V8 Beast = V8 not so beasty :(

It gets even worse when you have too work on yours and other peoples projects. Try keeping after 8 or more at one time or another. and each one will have its own issues.

I know what you mean. Because there is no such thing as too much power, if you have 400rwhp you want 500.. if you have 900 you want 1000, etc.. More power equals more problems.

I youre just gona bitch about it, ill take that 12 bolt off your hands :p

I know how it goes on these things, I have a 66 Plymouth that hasent seen the outside of my shop in over 3 years. The wife sees them as money pits, so that makes it even more fun funding the new parts.

LOL, You can have it as soon as I pick up my Lamborghini :D

Money pit is right! The Mrs. made me promise not to buy any more mods until I get my bonus next year.

I got around too putting my drop k member in and the motor mounts are still at stock hite.

Now more phone calls, and waiting.

still waiting on 1 more trans part, then it can come out and get took apart too find out what other dumb little part im missing :(

upper control arms are ordered, still shopping around on lowers.

Debaiting on wether or not too start on the mini tubb :o

Ok, I think I solved the TCS problem. I had a bad abs sensor, and a bad speed sensor. My engine is still throwing out misfire codes, but its not effecting anthing. And there is no plug on my differential so I can drain it. Just a spot that was welded closed.. wierd huh???

I know exactly what you mean. I have been playing the game for months. I was puking oil from the exaust and smoking, so rebiuld the turbos. Nope not once, 3 freaking times. Still not the issue. Take the motor apart, find a spring that is gapped a quarter inch too much on an oil seal. Put it back together and spend 2 weeks blowing all the shit out of the exhaust after cleaning it out. But, it fixed the oil in the exhaust. So why is there oil everywhere under the car when I drive it? No fittings are loose. No gaskets not sealed. And it seems to be coming from the filler neck, WTF. Take that off, put a bead of Honda bond around it, great that's fixied. Car won't start. Not everything powers on, WTF. Check fuses. Blew a main fuse, another hard to come by part at 7pm on a Sunday. Car starts right up, great. Now it's breaking up at 3000 rpm's.

Is this frustrating? Fuck yes! But, they are all pretty much easy fixes. I knew nothing about engines, let along rotarty's last year. These troubles have helped me know the car better and learn to trouble shoot issues. Granted, I have had to make some calls to learn this stuff, but it IS worth it. Sleep is over rated any ways.

Is this frustrating? Fuck yes! But, they are all pretty much easy fixes. I knew nothing about engines, let along rotarty's last year. These troubles have helped me know the car better and learn to trouble shoot issues. Granted, I have had to make some calls to learn this stuff, but it IS worth it. Sleep is over rated any ways.

Isnt that the truth!! 9 months ago I didnt touch the engine because I was scrared I would mess it up. Now if I had the right tools i could take the whole damn thing apart and put it back together again.

Proper prior planning prevents piss poor performance. When we built the Altered we built it for more than we ever planned on throwing at it. 572 Lukovich motor with Jesel valves, Dedenbear Trans case with TCI Glide, Mark Williams rear end, etc etc etc. Once we got the Flying Toilets setup to our optimum config we never touched the car again. Ran for 3 seasons and all we did is change the oil.