Twin Turbo on an LS1

V8 Beast

theonly, do you know how to read flowmaps? that plays a huge part in knowing what turbo would be "best" for your LS1

that second link is a killer looking setup, though i wonder how they drain the oil from the turbo's... scavenge pump? ***NVM, read a little more and figured it out**

theonly, do you know how to read flowmaps? that plays a huge part in knowing what turbo would be "best" for your LS1

that second link is a killer looking setup, though i wonder how they drain the oil from the turbo's... scavenge pump? ***NVM, read a little more and figured it out**

I was hoping to benefit from others experience. I can read flow charts and all that good stuff. And I have seen an under the car, and one setup by the radiator. The one by the radiator was kick ass and produced some big numbers.

I already have heads, cam(although its kind small 228/232), long tubes, y pipe no cats, cutout/cat back, manifold, TB, adjustable shocks, PHB, lower control arms, springs, 12 bolt rear end with 33 spline axles, 42# injectors, 3200 torque converter (going bigger if I spray)..and I'm planning on getting the rest of the suspension mods, fuel rails and pump at the same time I get the turbo... or spray. My foundation is set, I just need to make a decision.

Just get a 150 shot of N20 and that will get you in the 10.80s for sure.

A turbo is way cool, but way expensive and most of the time you have to cut up/modify your car to make the kit fit.

If the thought of spending $6,000+ doesn't bother you, then go with a turbo kit.

If you want it done correctly, then I'd think you'd spend considerably more than just $6,000. Principle is the same, though - if you have the $$$ to spend, then go with the turbo. If you're simply worried about a timeslip that shows 10's, then there's much cheaper ways of getting it.

Money is not the issue, I'm just trying to see what would give me the most out of my car without placing too much wear on the engine. And as far as the 10 sec goal, I'm taking it 1 sec at a time. Thanks everyone. I'm going to continue my spray vs. turbo vs. twin turbo vs. procharger debate until I find that x factor that helps me decide.