Obsolete Ford Parts?

Mr3GTP

Thanks!

As for junkyards, most will have worn or missing guides. It's very common to open one up & find the guide missing & the cover damaged.

I have a new chain & tensioner for my engine, and I've located a usable guide, but I'd much rather put a new one in this motor while it's on the stand. It's a bitch to change in-the-car.

Having no guide, or if it fails, the chain will damage the cover, and the whip effect breaks the tensioner. Without the guide, I broke 2 tensioners last year.

Thanks for the responses.

I'd like to make one, but they're molded plastic. I'll see if I can scare up a part number, I'd buy 10 if I could find 'em. None of the chain stores around here can help me, so I may have to adapt something. Problem is, I have no idea what is even close enough to modify for this engine.

find too small gears, that fit the chain, the molded guides always suck!

and you could make your own tensioner setup, with the gears and some machine work. and since the motor is out , it would be alot easyer too do it now!

wow....

I can't even find that part in my engine rebuilders book....

theres a picture but no part number....

I would get one machined out of bronze it'll wear better....

I'll keep looking maybe a parts guy can scare something up for me tuesday when I go back to work

Home Log In Your Account Catalogs Shopping Cart Order Status Contact Us About Us Policies

Select Catalog: View All CatalogsCollisionMechanicalAccessories Menu

Search by OEM Part Number:

(Select Make)FordLincolnMercury

Multi-Part Search

Part Number Search Results : OEM Catalog

Item Number MSRP Core Price Price

E43Z6284A $51.42 $0.00 $38.57

DAMPER ASY

Add to Cart Contact Us

Mr. Sigman, you are THE MAN!!!

It's ordered, hopefully the number I had was accurate; I believe it to be.

Just under $50 shipped, an expensive little bastard. Too bad, I'd have bought several if they were around half that. But with what I've spent so far, I didn't want to button this motor up with the worn, brittle one I have. Before long, I'd have been pulling the pan & digging the remnants out of my oil pickup...

Thanks to everyone for the helpful responses.

As for the guide, I'm still gonna work on finding an easily-modded replacement that is more readily available, like maybe the Quad-4 parts mentioned above.

I created an account there; that place might be a gold mine. I'll certainly send others in their direction, the guys over at tempotopaz.com should find them useful.