Newbie w/ a currently slow GTP

Duff1647545513

I'm new to this board but I've been up to the IPS meets for the past couple weekends and figured I should join this now. I have a 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP with only a few minor mods right now....

K&N filter

INTENSE pcm

3.4" pully

180 t-stat

3" straight pipe with u-bend and cat delete

MSD wires

E3 plugs

Yellow top otpima battery

.....so yeah, not too fast right now, especially since I have 20" rims on it. I'm currently attending Capital University and will be garaging my car soon and dumping money into it. By next spring I would like to have my motor rebuilt, cammed, sprayed, and either turbo or whipple charged.

Here's a couple pics....

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m165/Jduffey/sideview.jpg

http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m165/Jduffey/GTP.jpg

Tell me what you think and give me suggestions on what I should do.

Yeah, I know the wheels are a problem. 87formula knows they're heavy, he's helped me take them off before. When I go to the track next time the wheels are def going back to stock and I'd like to get some drag radials eventually too. Those wheels are just on there to cruise around on.

any time any place? you to alex.

NO shit!! Your the last person i would expect to be on here! Pm me the dyno graph of your eclipse, i have heard like 3 different numbers for that car, and want to see the real numbers. You going up to Norwalk??

yeah going to norwalk. I will dyno it agin this saturday at slomo hopefully. it should make 5** something hopefully, low timing and low boost it made 490.

Ya, thats around what i figured. Someone told me like 8xx and i was like hell no, i know hes making a lot of power but never that much. Im looking forward to seeing that thing run up at Norwalk.

Welcome aboard. Sadly the intense being local thing makes shit difficult.

Since you've got a 98 I know atleast 1 person on the board has a HPTUNER with all 98's Maybe with proper persuasion you can get him to help out .

BUT I've driven a M112 L67 Bonneville and the fucker was sick.

Hope to meet you sometime.

I would like to hear that 3Inch, I've got a similar setup Mods wise.