ignition timing on 1990 eagle talon

90_EAGLE_TALON

The timing belt is set on my car but the spark is hitting too soon does anyone know the proper way of setting the ignition timing on these cars?

My car is a naturally aspirated 2.0 Liter dual over head cam engine from a 1991 mitsubishi galant gsx. I would really apreciate the help. Thanks!!! :confused:

Are you using a timing light? The timing advance is set by grounding the ECU via a plug on the firewall, and then adjusting the CAS accordingly. This is of course provided the timing marks on the cam gears line up - - - -, and with the dowels up the crank is at TDC.

we had done the timing and everything the engine ran fine but after appx. 80 miles of starting and shutting the car off i shut the car off in london and it wouldnt shat again. when the car was towed back home the timing was found to be off at the belt again. Any ideas why it would have jumped time with a new belt, no balance shafts (the whole engine has been balanced)?