Norwalk weather countdown

MrMeanGreen

Guest tiresmoker
We know that Ohio weather changes constantly, but it's a good idea to start watching it now.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USOH0715?from=search_10day

So far, high of 65 and 10% for rain. Let's hope it stays like this :)

Yea, the LS1GTO guys were up there Monday...said it was suppose to start raining by 1pm & it started about noon...it will be dry!! :cool:

If the weather does end up looking shakey, what is the plan in regards to cancellation? Is it going to be called off the night prior, very early Friday morning, or not until the last second?

I'm sure many people, myself included, are taking a day off work for this. I'd love to know if the plug is getting pulled by say 5:00-6:00am the day of so that we still have the opportunity to get to work instead of blowing a vacation day on a rainout.

Lastly, any chance of a rain out date or is the this the only shot?

I'll have an decision by 5am Friday, so look here for updated info.

If it's 50% chance or less, and it looks like it will miss the majority of the event (hour-by-hour forecast), then it's a go. This is the only shot, so it's go or no. There's no rain date.

unless it stops raining several hours before our race time the track will still be wet 50deg temps and wet pavement = not safe for anything with slicks

NRP will give us a few options. They probably have a normal Friday night program. I'm not sure what time that starts but they may let us shift the window from 11-5 instead of 10-4 if it quits raining and they're still drying the track. They may also give us the option of prorating the rental and returning some of the money back if the rental can only be from like 12-4 for example.

It does look like the rain should be pretty cleared out by 7-8am. However, the track won't be ready to go at 10:00 if its still raining at 7-8am.

Guest tiresmoker
NRP will give us a few options. They probably have a normal Friday night program. I'm not sure what time that starts but they may let us shift the window from 11-5 instead of 10-4 if it quits raining and they're still drying the track. They may also give us the option of prorating the rental and returning some of the money back if the rental can only be from like 12-4 for example.

It does look like the rain should be pretty cleared out by 7-8am. However, the track won't be ready to go at 10:00 if its still raining at 7-8am.

They do have something on for Friday night..it says it starts at 5:30pm

Guest tiresmoker
unless it stops raining several hours before our race time the track will still be wet 50deg temps and wet pavement = not safe for anything with slicks

Gosh, I never thought about that..duuhhhhhhhhhhh :mad: