Motorla Q

HotCarl

Who else has this phone? ive recently run into some operating problems with mine that seem to baffle me. red/end call button not working, certain keys not working, occasionally it will freeze,dropped calls constantly, etc... When i called to complain about my bill they noted that i had not updated my software, i believe its *224 or something like that. However i talked to someone with the same phone and he says not to b/c after he did it fucked up his phone, it wouldnt start up etc... he took it back and got a new one, same problem... he's on his 3rd Q now. I knew i shouldn't have bought another damned motorola. This combined with my bill problem's seriously has me considering switching to a different provider.

Sorry about the bad phone. I would suggest taking it to a tech, or calling custmer service again and having a warranty phone sent out. And its ok to call *228. It just reprograms the phone with any network changes. In this case, we should not have told you to call that number. Some of the "not so good" reps use it as a fix-all, but its not.

Sorry about the bad phone. I would suggest taking it to a tech, or calling custmer service again and having a warranty phone sent out. And its ok to call *228. It just reprograms the phone with any network changes. In this case, we should not have told you to call that number. Some of the "not so good" reps use it as a fix-all, but its not.

Yeah i understand. It was one of those "oh by the way..." comments that the phone rep had said. then i heard bad things about it. It may be fucked up now but at least it works, i dont want to "upgrade" or revise the software on it if its said to screw it up even worse. Either way its not the reps fault, their not liable for the reliability of my phone, only liable to make me happy with my service. Which im not.

My ex used to work at the call center, i understand they have to deal with dickheads all day, i try not to be THAT GUY but its hard when your simply not happy with whats going on with your service. I remember asking the rep at the end of our conversation, "and how much is it again to terminate my contract? 150?" - "175, but why would you want to terminate after going through all that trouble with us." - "why wouldn't i after going through all that trouble with you?" i'll just have to call AGAIN and see if we can work things out. Only problem previous to this one ive EVER had with verizon was phone reliability, probaly just b/c they'd been motorola's.

I know what you mean. I gave up on motorola a year ago. If we send you a warranty replacement and you have any type of issues then we can send you a brand new like model phone to replace it. My treo does the same thing, but it stopped after I reset it. The only issue there iis that I lost all my stuff that wasn't synced. The best data phone in my opinion is the 6700.

yeah I'm a sales manager from Verizon Wireless and cringe anytime anyone buys the 'Q' its either you get a good one or you don't but thats how most Motorolas are I gave up on them like 5 years ago I wont even touch a basic walkie talkie made by them.

The only thing you can do is get a warranty replacement but that may be hit or miss as well. A tech really can't do anything to fix the problems you are having

And what bill problems are you having customer service are usually good at helping people with bill issues if they are not ass about it they are human to (not saying you were one or not) I use to work in customer service glad I'm in sales now!

nextel FTW

Bah at least now i receive calls. my brother has nextel and 1 out of every 2 calls i make to him go straight to voicemail b/c "the nextel subscriber you are trying to reach cannot be located."

My phone locked up today, coming out of the courthouse i sent 2 text messages, put it in my armrest in my car, drove for 5 min, picked it up and its dead. nothing, wont turn on, i tried plugging in the recharge cable and still nothing, it was charging all night so the battery's not dead. Fuckin' bullshit.