Help me decide!

99ta

I have a chance to pick up an 86 5.0. Its got 102k miles and no rust. It has t-tops and the interior seems to be in ok condition. It will need painted. Pretty much stock, the kid says it has an h-pipe and chip. I would be trading a car I have for sale that I am asking $1500 for.

The wife has given me the ok to buy any car I want this winter in the $10 - $12k range. I was thinking ss or 98 cobra.

I need to decide if I want to get this 5.0 and copmletly build it or just wait and buy a car this winter. Keep in mind I want a complete street car, as I have a 3 year old son and would drive it often. I would also want to shoot for 350-400hp on motor for the 5.0. Give me some options and price ranges for the 5.0. Thanks.

Another option I though of would be to do the trade and resell the stang, would I get more than $1500 out of it? And I don't have any pics, sorry.

Eric

102k miles is pretty low for an 86. My .02cent...I would just hold off and get something newer as you were saying you would be driving it often. You could probably turn a small profit on the 86 but keep in mind is in the "less desirable year" category for most. When ppl look to buy fox bodys they are usually 87-93 models. Go Cobra! :cool:

Speaking of Cobra...this is off topic and outta ur price range a little. CarMax on sawmill has/or maybe Had, a 97 triple black cobra vert. 42k miles, 5spd, verrrrry clean, and were asking 14,900. It was beautiful

I would wait as well.

I personally think the 80's are hideous. Even if you rebuild it, eh, still a pretty ugly car. :p

If the car is mint you could sell it for more than $1500, especially for that low of miles. So, you may want to trade the kid depending on what you are trading. You might end up liking the car if it is really clean. T-top is nice.

Wait till winter and built up the SS

Speaking of Cobra...this is off topic and outta ur price range a little. CarMax on sawmill has/or maybe Had, a 97 triple black cobra vert. 42k miles, 5spd, verrrrry clean, and were asking 14,900. It was beautiful

Saw it, my brother worked with the guy that owns it, the guy never ran it hard at all, it would be an awesome buy.