cylinder head

90_EAGLE_TALON

Guest Removed
ive got one that does v-8 iron heads , but wont help much on this... but a long socket and hammer, put a rag in the chamber area (when its laying on the bench)and hit it a few times and the locks will pop out... i used too install them back by hand, one person hold down the spring and one poping the locks back in..

ive got one that does v-8 iron heads , but wont help much on this... but a long socket and hammer, put a rag in the chamber area (when its laying on the bench)and hit it a few times and the locks will pop out... i used too install them back by hand, one person hold down the spring and one poping the locks back in..

That's seriously the best way to remove the valves on a 4g63. Make sure the head is on a soft surface, ie. a pillow, and dip a deep well socket in some grease. Then insert an extension into the socket, place it on the retainer and smack it with a hammer. For re-installation, I use a modified C-clamp, of the large variety with a O2 sensor socket welded onto the end.

Guest powers
Bring it by IPS and let me take it apart for you. 20 bucks should cover the 10 mins it will take. Or bring down some gatorades for the fellas and we will call it even.