Who's the fastest????????

V8 Beast

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From a roll, the contenders on here are the IPS EVO, Tinman, Matt (w/ the KB Cobra), Sam, and Linn. I was in the mix on my old set-up, though, on it, I doubt that I could have beat the IPS EVO or Sam as their cars sit now. On my new set-up, well, I'm not sure, but I hope to find out soon... :)

Also, like Clark mentioned, you can put any of the liter bikes rolling around town in the mix. David Putty (i.e., Charles), R1 John, and Rigsby all come to mind. Their probably all faster than all of the aforementioned cars.

Oh, another guy in the roll mix is Keith with the 93 Cobra, or at least he was when his car was running. Very fast car from a roll - it's taken out a fair share of members from this site.

Additionally, like Clark said, Mario is at the top of the list when it comes to dig racing. As for who fills in the rest of the four slots after him, toss a coin, I guess. Notably, Gearhead talks a lot of shit about being one of the faster guys from a dig, but I've never heard of him outrunning anyone. Anthony comes to mind though in terms of being fast from a dig.

hey i might be fast for a dig car. 10.55 on a 100 shot with 800 psi and mph falling off. mph was 125.29. that was at super chevy sep, 15th. I only got to try one time and then the damn solenoid broke so no more spray passes. id guess with the pressure up arround 1100, and the 175 jets back in could be a possible 9 sec pass.

Heres the Slip.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d71/Mattsv8_03/Copyofmy10.jpg

with my 60 ft being in the 1.4 range i would imagine upping the spray to a 175 shot, and 1100 psi bottle pressure for less mph fall off. id guess high 9s and 130s. but you never know till you do it. That 10.5 was the only spray pass i made. i dont have a bottle heater and pressure dropped off quick. i ought to just suck it up and put the full 300 too it but im afraid that it wont hook. im thinking that much could overpower the tires but who knows. Im trying to get to go this sat and sun to trails to try one last time to get kicked out for running 9.99 and faster. chassis isint certified yet. oops

hey i might be fast for a dig car. 10.55 on a 100 shot with 800 psi and mph falling off. mph was 125.29. that was at super chevy sep, 15th. I only got to try one time and then the damn solenoid broke so no more spray passes. id guess with the pressure up arround 1100, and the 175 jets back in could be a possible 9 sec pass.

Heres the Slip.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d71/Mattsv8_03/Copyofmy10.jpg

Wait, you don't street race, remember? So, you're fired from this discussion.

Not that Corey would street race, but his civic could hold its own. 9.98@149 ~780whp (currently car sits at 835whp).

Joshua

SlowMotion Motorsports

Ibid; if he doesn't run it on the street, then it's not a street car. So, while it's certainly fast, it doesn't deserve inclusion in this discussion.

Corey chooses not to street race and his car is street legal.

But whatever, Sorry for butting in.

Joshua

SlowMotion Motorsports

Yeah, I know, and I didn't mean to come across the wrong way - I guess I was just trying to keep the inclusion of cars as close to the defining criteria as possible. A lot of us know about Corey's Civic, how impressive it is, and so forth. But, the guy who started this thread wanted to know about street cars, and, if Corey's car is never on the street (for whatever reason), then it probably doesn't belong in this thread. Not that it can't be mentioned or whatever, just, technically, if we're talking about "street cars," then a lot of cars end up getting excluded.

In any event, I know what you're saying, and, for the record, I completely agree with you. :)

Excuse me doc, I shall be proving my worth for that list in the next week or 2. My little 19psi toy showed up today.

I wanna race u with ur KB... no shot or anything.. I want to see how well you pull me... I'm thinkin about gettin one... but I want to get some other mods first... I need damn idlers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wanna race u with ur KB... no shot or anything.. I want to see how well you pull me... I'm thinkin about gettin one... but I want to get some other mods first... I need damn idlers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can be the camera car for that

i drive my truck everywhere to work free way. i dont think bocook drives his and i dont think ive seen marios either. so in that case i would be one of the fastest street vehicles from a dig mainly because i can drive mine to the track and back, not that its that far about 40 min. there and back. but i drive mine a lot. and yes bocook is fast. when he is not broken

Guest BLUE BY U
And he didn't race Mario last Friday............

And your point is........ Mario went 8.98 spraying his car. Tommy went 9.35 on motor , he has a 300hp plate on the car , due to the fact the it was a brand new motor , he really wasnt ready to spray it yet. It was an option though.simple math tells me what car is FASTER.

Guest BLUE BY U
i drive my truck everywhere to work free way. i dont think bocook drives his and i dont think ive seen marios either. so in that case i would be one of the fastest street vehicles from a dig mainly because i can drive mine to the track and back, not that its that far about 40 min. there and back. but i drive mine a lot. and yes bocook is fast. when he is not broken

You might actually want to go in the 9s before you talk shit that you can, and basically your truck MIGHT go in the 9s if you stuff works right , so by saying Tommy is fast when he doesnt break , is the better than saying I MIGHT go in the 9s if my shit works right.

Just because you dont see said cars on the road doesnt mean that they are not driven on the street. I have never seen your truck on the road so therefor by you logic I can say that your truck is not a street truck. I have seen Mario drive his car to 5th ave and back home and I know Bocook has taken his car down the road as well. I think Bocooks car is really low in front and wouldnt like it if there was a little dip in the road anywhere, but he does have adjustables so he could drive it anywhere needed with about 20 mins in adjusting the front.

Guest Removed
Notably, Gearhead talks a lot of shit about being one of the faster guys from a dig, but I've never heard of him outrunning anyone.

when my shits not broke,but thats a everything day thing :rolleyes:

i went 10.80 on the old setup, and ever since it hasnt been right.

thats why everything is getting changed.EVERYTHINGive redone alot allready, and more then enough changes are coming. slighly less street driving . and there are people here that have seen me race, but with everyone wanting cars, why race :confused: ...i get tryyed of hearing "How many cars you gonna give me?".

I just drove my truck to work on monday. about 20 miles each way all highway. with the tach reading about 4200 the whole way. SO its deffinatly street drove. ive driven it everytime to the track except super chevy. And my shit was working when it ran a 10.55 i never said it wasent. i said my bottle pressure was low at 800 psi. and it had a 100 shot in it. its set up for a 300 shot. i have pills to 400. that was the first spray pass since i rebuilt the motor so i was kinda taking it easy on it. and now that it survived about 9 or 10 passes. and ive got a new solenoid, and bottle warmer to keep the presure up. im planning on starting with the 175 pills at the haloween shootout. and im figuring that if it went a 10.55 at 126 with a 100 shot and low bottle pressure, a 175 shot or 225 shot and 1100 psi should deffinatly net a 9 something. but you can call it assumming, or dreaming, or wishing. but the math dosent tend to lie. ill post a slip next weekend of what it does. keep in mind i can only make one pass before they tell me to slow it down.

Thanks guys. I have an idea of who I need to talk to. I dont see the point in making a thread war over this. Cars break, and some people choose not to drive there cars on the street even though they still have air conditioning, etc. Everyone has a different way of doing things.

My outlook:

Threads are a good place for people to run their mouths,

Tracks are a great place to shut people up

Now with that being said... lets hold hands :D and sing