Modding a mustang, advice and links are great

Bam

Alright so I've got a foxbody and I've got all winter to mod it. I don't really have a time to shoot for, or trap speed or whatnot yet, but I guess 11.99 would be cool for now. Anyways, its a 90 gt hatch with bolt ons. So yeah, its got a nice list to start from, I have no clue how quick it is, other than it feels fast. If I can get it assembled fast enough, I'm going to do a few shakedown runs this season before modding this winter so I can see where I stand.

What other bolt-on's should I look into? Are blowers/turbo kits cheap/decent price for these cars? What about nitrous, wet or dry, how much, etc?

The one downside that people have told me is the bottom end in this car was swapped out for one out of a 95 5.0l about a year ago, so its not the forged one that came stock, but one with hypereuratic pistons or something, I guess not good for nitrous/boost?

I'd like some links to performance part stores online as well as forums. Advice on what to do would be nice too since I know we have quite a few mustang people here.

Once I get used to this damn clutch I'll be out on the weekend, probably next weekend, but right now its either stall it or burn out bad, lol.

**I'm looking into manifolds and an NX wet kit, a blower would be nice, but that alone would probably be more than a nitrous kit and the manifolds together for more power.

is this fowler's old car by chance?

if its put nitrous back on it and your mid 11's with sticky tires

Yes it is, but the nitrous kit I'm taking off of it is a dry kit, never meant for this car and its jerry rigged to hell. So what kit should I put on it? Thanks for the good news, what sticky tires can you hook me up with? The car's got 17's on it now, 245/45, I don't need anything for bad weather, this is strictly a weekend/nice day car, to race, so stickier the better.

nx wet kit

best solenoids out there.. the nos do not flow as much

tires... a nitto drag radial would probably be your best bet if your gonna run ito n the street. 275/40/17 out back

slicks for the track, some weld drag lites and ETs.. with slicks it will go 11s

Definitely man, i didn't know I could fit a 275 out back. Would it be smart to possibly try and get 16's? I'm not sure if the front brakes will fit 16's, but if they do, I'd imagine I'd have a better number of options for tires, but its just a thought. I want to get different, hopefully lighter wheels anyways, 16's or 17's, not sure. I'll see you later today.

Guest powers
Yes it is, but the nitrous kit I'm taking off of it is a dry kit, never meant for this car and its jerry rigged to hell. So what kit should I put on it? Thanks for the good news, what sticky tires can you hook me up with? The car's got 17's on it now, 245/45, I don't need anything for bad weather, this is strictly a weekend/nice day car, to race, so stickier the better.

I have a ford efi NX wet kit in stock at the shop. I would like to get it out the door. Pm or call if if you are interested in a retarted good deal on it.

I'm thinking about it Greg, but a blower would be nice as well for a little more dough. We'll see, no real rush as the season is coming to a close.

The car has some loose hoses/wiring just hanging in the engine bay and I need to disconnect the current nitrous kit that is on the car. Anyone willing to come over and point this out that need to be connected and things I could remove/do without? Also, I've never installed/used/removed a nitrous kit and although it seems basic enough looking at it, I noticed a few T-fittings and whatnot, so I'm not sure what to remove and what to reconnect after removal.

I'm free tomorrow evening after 6, friday after 8 and all day Saturday if anyone wants to come over.

talk to dyno brian, i know someone was selling a blower for 1k. i would then put a stickey tire under the car and do some suspension work.

edit: i think tank is still selling incon TT manifold for a 5.0. i think he wants 500 for them. i would go that route if possible. (tank works at IPS)

Guest powers
talk to dyno brian, i know someone was selling a blower for 1k. i would then put a stickey tire under the car and do some suspension work.

edit: i think tank is still selling incon TT manifold for a 5.0. i think he wants 500 for them. i would go that route if possible. (tank works at IPS)

Tank sold them on ebay. They were a hell of a deal.

Linn, its already set up pretty good in the suspension department, can always do better, but its something. I'm pretty sure the strut towers or something is "torx or box" welded, I couldn't understand him on the phone, but I think that's what he said.

Here's some other mods it's got:

qa1 12 way adjustable rear shocks

kyb quad shocks

racecraft springs

caster camber plates

tubular upper and box lower control arms

3.73 with rebuilt limited slip

all 5 lug conversion with rear disc brakes

world class t-5 with pro 5.0 shifter

I do plan on a sticky tire, Derek recommended a 275/40/17 Micket ET street for the rears, said he pulled some good 60' with those. I'm thinking about going with 16's, is this a bad idea? Are there more or less tire options? I just want to get some different wheels than what its got and figured anything smaller would be lighter.

Also, hoblick mentioned that I should go with some Holley Systemax II manifolds, upper and lower for more power, Greg what price can you get me on those? Or what others do you recommend?

Thanks guys, I'm leary if it'll make it out this season or not, if it did it'd be pre-bodywork and no interior, but that's what winter is for with a project car. :)

Linn, its already set up pretty good in the suspension department, can always do better, but its something. I'm pretty sure the strut towers or something is "torx or box" welded, I couldn't understand him on the phone, but I think that's what he said.

Here's some other mods it's got:

qa1 12 way adjustable rear shocks

kyb quad shocks

racecraft springs

caster camber plates

tubular upper and box lower control arms

3.73 with rebuilt limited slip

all 5 lug conversion with rear disc brakes

world class t-5 with pro 5.0 shifter

I do plan on a sticky tire, Derek recommended a 275/40/17 Micket ET street for the rears, said he pulled some good 60' with those. I'm thinking about going with 16's, is this a bad idea? Are there more or less tire options? I just want to get some different wheels than what its got and figured anything smaller would be lighter.

Also, hoblick mentioned that I should go with some Holley Systemax II manifolds, upper and lower for more power, Greg what price can you get me on those? Or what others do you recommend?

Thanks guys, I'm leary if it'll make it out this season or not, if it did it'd be pre-bodywork and no interior, but that's what winter is for with a project car. :)

you will pick up power with the intake but i would recommend spending 1-2k on a used blower, you should pick up 100+ rwhp.

as for tires you have few of opions in drag radials: nittos, BFG and MT. try to put as much tire under the car as possible.

http://www.mustangforums.com Browse the site a bit. youmight find a lot of your answers there. Also like stated above http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/index.php is a good site, or if you want to go turbo and reach deep in your pockets http://www.turbomustangs.com/smf/ . The cheapest way to go would probably be spray shoot a 150-175 wet shot and you will get about the same power as you would with the S/C. (unless you are planing to put some big money in that S/C setup)

Alright, we removed the nitrous kit on the car, TONS of wiring, OMGBBQ, I put new terminals on the battery connects since they were fucked, made a battery tie down strap and threw some seats in the bitch. Took it out for a quick spin and it was awesome except after a few minutes in the top of 1st gear around 5k some white smoke/steam shot out the front of the car, I immediately pulled over but nothing was wet/couldn't see anything since it was semi dark. Get back home in the garage and I start looking around, notice the coolant overflow tank has some duct tape on it, I saw it before and figured it was just holding the tank to the fan or something, but NO, the fucking coolant overflow tank had 2 BIG!!! holes in it, like big enough to stick my hand in!!!?!!? WTFBBQ?? Who the fuck tries to fix the coolant overflow tank w/ DUCT TAPE?!?!?! Its pressurized isn't it? so after a few choice words about a few things, I call it a night since its too late to do anything about it now. This weekend I'm going to try and find a new fan setup and coolant overflow tank at a junkyard or something. A few of the blades are cracked and while it works fine, I'd feel better with a fresher one.

hmm, well either way I guess it surprised me. I'm going to scout the yards this weekend, if no luck then I guess I'll place an order for the cap and overflow. Is the sensor just a low coolant sensor? it's broken, and not plugged in, but I'm pretty sure that's what it is.

Anything else I should know about the car? The passenger side floor pan needs replaced, it'll be taken care of this winter. The body is going to be done by spring as well and hopefully it'll have a few mods as well as new wheels/tires.

**What should I go with for wheels/tires? 15's/16's/17's? What's better for performance? I'm 99% sure I'm going to put MT ET street radials on it, but don't like my current wheels on the car.

yes on both you can get a fiberglass hatch and one piece headluights.. 50resto for the headlights or ebay, and th ehatch .. pick up a 5.0 mag and look in it. get back to me on the hood deal, or let me know if you need anyhelp... i need to hit the yard to soon.

Should I get an electric fan kit for the car for $125 or just a replacement blade for $25? The electric fan advertises up to 15hp gain, on both jegs and summit racing, but who's had experience here? My fan shroud and shit looks fine, its just the blade is cracked pretty bad, whaddya think?

proform fan FTW

deff call brian best deal ever on that blower

there is a local comapny that makes and sells hood H.O. fibertrends thats where i got my hood and im so very impressed and pleased with it

and i am currently running ET streets but im not that big of a fan of them they are the woman's not enough traction for me (since i went sideways at norwalk in 3 gears) if your gonna do more than just drag race it i would use a drag radial only not a dot slick

you are more than welcome to come by and take a look at what i have done to my car to give you some ideas since i just did what your wanting to do

and Scott GO BLUE!!!!