Looking For a race

VikingY3K

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm down, maybe friday night, if not next week/weekend sometime. The car needs tuned to be perfect, but I'm down for some comparisons since I just picked it up. Where is everyone meeting now, I haven't been out for a few weeks since the last IPS meet. My car looks like shit, bondo/primer, but it still runs and I want to get some shakedown runs this season before the winter mods begin. Name's Matt and I'll be out wherever.

I wouldn't push more than 18psi if I were you, at least on a stock block.

Hey Mojoe, what rotary you running?

tee hee hee forged stock internals my other block was good for 30psi this one has fresher rings and arp bolts, the only things to stretch/break under 400whp in a 2.3..... amazing for a modified pinto motor. hopefully on the e.t.'s the clutch doesnt let go :D

tee hee hee forged stock internals my other block was good for 30psi this one has fresher rings and arp bolts, the only things to stretch/break under 400whp in a 2.3..... amazing for a modified pinto motor. hopefully on the e.t.'s the clutch doesnt let go :D

Derek, want a 20 roll or something? for fun of course. :D

I wouldn't push more than 18psi if I were you, at least on a stock block.

As derek kinda stated these 4 cylinders are totally over built for what they were intended for.

a guy on turboford.com with a stock shortblock made 511 HP, at well over 18 PSI.

upgrade the headgasket, new rod bolts, head work, bigger turbo, exhuast and these engines can make killer power

John Huber runs the 2.3 into the 9's!

we should do a dig for fun.. no money.. me = broke

If I get a tune in it I should be able to this weekend, otherwise I'll have to wait til next weekend. We can make it happen though.

If I get a tune in it I should be able to this weekend, otherwise I'll have to wait til next weekend. We can make it happen though.

aight sounds good.. when is the KB goin on?

I won't be in for this weekend. But I'm in for next weekend for sure. GF will be gone next weekend and I'll be out cruising for bitches. (Uh, by bitches I mean ricers. Really sweety, if you're reading this, that's what I meant. :grin2: )

BTW, where the hell is Linn and his "$20" spiel? lol

nice.. you have a 2.8 pulley don't you? that was on your eaton... I think I want to go to a 2.8 and I need some idlers... do you have a lower pulley?

There's a 2.8 upper on the eaton. I just put on a 4lb lower, haven't had a chance to run anyone yet with it. Come to think of it I'll never get a chance to run again with the eaton.

I'm selling the eaton setup, not the lower though. I'd be willing to let the 2.8 go if you decide you want it. I also may be selling my snub idler if my belt ends up too tight for it.

yea i thought that malibu was supposed to come and race me at super chevy what happened? im trying to go to trails on sat and sun. if i get to go you can bring anything you want. you think that malibu can run a high 9? ive never seen it run

its not the malibu we were going to run we were going to to run my s10 against your s10 .never said the malibu ran 9? hell be lucky if it runs 12 .now the s10 we could do that but trails wont let me run because my windshield is cracked .hopefully we can get one in before the end of race season...you said hi 9?..your s10 against my s10 i will even leave the bottle at home

I'm looking forward to it! :)

Ok, here is the list so far.

1.VikingY3K(Chuck)

2.Balian(Ryan)

3.Mojoe(Joe)

4.Turborust(Derek)

5.ImUrOBGYN(Christian)

6.FOXBODY88STANG(VIC)

Anyone else?

Let me know when you want to do this. PM me.Im looking forward to a good race.Shits and giggles or $20? :D

im planning on going to the haloween hootout at trails sat and sun racing for money there so only fun runs would be durring time trials. nos spray durring elim needs to be consistant. but im shooting for a 9 sec pass. i can only make one before they warn me and kick me out.