FD owners

Guest MX3Chick

Guest MX3Chick
Hey I am going to be in town this coming weekend and I wanted to see if there was anyone with a Mazda RX-7 (FD) that would be willing to meet up with me and my boyfriend to let him sit in it to see if he can fit in it. We are looking at buying one, but its in FL so he wants to test it before we go down there and he is too tall for it.

Guest MX3Chick
Good luck...

The steering wheel doesnt tilt, and the sunroof limits headroom. My friend is 6'5 or 6'6 and prob 250 and he doenst fit in it at all

Id say go ahead and try mine out, but its at the RX-7store

The RX7 Store in Pataskala? Thats where I will be that weekend.

He says he can fit in a 3kgt/Stealth, but we didnt know how much they differ inside. I love that he's so tall, but its a bitch to find fun cars that he can fit in.

The RX7 store is in Hilliard. A 3kgt/stealth is huge compared to an rx7. I should be around next weekend. Shoot me a pm and we can get together. I should be able to answer any questions, being a new FD owner and spending the last year on a full twin build.

Guest MX3Chick
The RX7 store is in Hilliard. A 3kgt/stealth is huge compared to an rx7. I should be around next weekend. Shoot me a pm and we can get together. I should be able to answer any questions, being a new FD owner and spending the last year on a full twin build.

Oh ok, I know there is a Mazda only place out on Broad right before you get into Pataskala.

I was fine in my Stealth...so if worse comes to worse, I'll be the driver of the RX7 (damn the luck).

Sent ya a PM.

Honestly, it depends on his build. I'm 6'3", but I only weigh 170lbs, and my head just barely clears the sunroof. If at all possible, try and find a car without a sunroof, although they are more rare. If he really likes the car, it is also possible to replace the seat so that it sits lower to the floor.

Guest MX3Chick

Well he has a big build, he by no means has a "basketball players body". But he fits into his MX6, which is alot smaller than I would think he could do, just fine. We just have to test every car we look at if he hasnt already been in one to make sure he can fit.

I know the one in FL we are looking at has a sunroof.

Rotarded, you have one of the other cars I've been looking at...an Audi A4 Quattro. :)

Hmm it'll be close. Headroom and getting his leg under the steering wheel will be hell depending on torso length. The latter cost my buddy from getting a brand new FD back in 93; he is 6'7" and could not get his leg under the steering wheel to save his life.

No comparison to the interior of a Stealth/3000GT, they are much larger cars. In fact, for comparison sake, my friend that couldn't fit in the FD ended up with a 93 N/A 3000GT.

Guest MX3Chick
Hmm it'll be close. Headroom and getting his leg under the steering wheel will be hell depending on torso length. The latter cost my buddy from getting a brand new FD back in 93; he is 6'7" and could not get his leg under the steering wheel to save his life.

No comparison to the interior of a Stealth/3000GT, they are much larger cars. In fact, for comparison sake, my friend that couldn't fit in the FD ended up with a 93 N/A 3000GT.

I wish I could talk him into getting a TT/RT Stealth, but he wont go for it. He loves Mazda's and doesnt really like Dodge/Mitsu's...although I cant blame him sometimes.

Well, if he cant fit at least we knew before we went to FL to get the car.