Van on Fire on 270?

Shields1181

This took place around 130ish just before the dublin and 33 exits westbound. Traffic was backed up almost to sawmill for a while. About 1/2 mile from the 33 exit there was a huge black patch on the side of the road and a rollback was driving off with a completely torched ford econoline van. Few cops too. Crazyness. Anybody else see this today?

Econoline? My first guess was an Aerostar. Flamin' Fords ftl. With Tempos (and most of their product line), it was the ignition switch. With Aerostars, a fuel line. With Pintos & Mustang IIs, the infamous drop-in fuel tank.

When I roll in the S/C'd Tempo, I don't leave home without a bag of marshmallows. Actually, I have installed the 'revised' ignition switch, but it's a 19-year-old car, so I take nothing for granted. I've even installed a battery switch, just in case...

I watched a Town Car burn last year on 161 by the bowling palace. There was the recent cruise control fire recall, and my moms ranger burnt to the ground a while back, interestingly all the vehicles mentioned were from the same manufacturer!! :D

When I roll in the S/C'd Tempo, I don't leave home without a bag of marshmallows.

Wow thats a great quote because its such a good idea.

Theres almost 1 car fire per week here in columbus. Normally right before rush hour so not really a big deal to me.

Evan