bexley area job for high schooler

andyjs3589

Yes, I used to work at UPS.

Here is the basic job day.

Every morning, you would get up at around 4 am to head into work. When you got there, you got into what they call the "banana room". This is a bright yellow room where you can get breakfast (bananas) and the color is supposed to wake you up and motivate you.

You then get with your co-worker group (or friend-circle as they called it). You all stand in a circle and say the UPS slogan and the "team" leader says some motivating words. Everyone hugs those around them and then get to work.

Then, it takes a bad turn.

The "Box Man" or the guy in charge instructs everyone of what to do from a podium with a megaphone. This is really annoying at 5am. If you look small they will have you pick up the biggest boxes because it makes them laugh. You will probably have a hernia by the 2nd week. Some of these boxes weight 250+lbs. Also, if you ask someone for help moving a box, you will have to sacrifice that days pay to them. It is a stupid system.

You do that all day with four 10-minute breaks and then you go into the "Blue and white" room, which is BW, for better worker. Here, if you didn't meet your days goals, you had to do push ups and stuff to get stronger. Oh, and I am just kidding about all of this. Boredom > Me.

Every morning, you would get up at around 4 am to head into work. When you got there, you got into what they call the "banana room". This is a bright yellow room where you can get breakfast (bananas) and the color is supposed to wake you up and motivate you.

You then get with your co-worker group (or friend-circle as they called it). You all stand in a circle and say the UPS slogan and the "team" leader says some motivating words. Everyone hugs those around them and then get to work.

The "Box Man" or the guy in charge instructs everyone of what to do from a podium with a megaphone. This is really annoying at 5am. If you look small they will have you pick up the biggest boxes because it makes them laugh. You will probably have a hernia by the 2nd week. Some of these boxes weight 250+lbs. Also, if you ask someone for help moving a box, you will have to sacrifice that days pay to them. It is a stupid system.

You do that all day with four 10-minute breaks and then you go into the "Blue and white" room, which is BW, for better worker. Here, if you didn't meet your days goals, you had to do push ups and stuff to get stronger. Oh, and I am just kidding about all of this. Boredom > Me.

Sounds like you have to much time on your hands or your trying to tell us that you have started what appears to be a gay cult inside of UPS.....

Based on what my best friend told me about UPS, this was totally believable. They make it sound great, but it is a rough job.

Great post!

Go be a lot boy at a car dealer. I fucking loved that job. Drive cars and BS all day.

Absolutly, i fucking love it. I drive mustangs and all the new ford cars that come out and just bs when we dont have anything to do. Great highschool job.

Also, you can hit shit accidentally with brand new cars and then just hide them at the "other lot".

Good times.

I did always feel bad for that guy who let our 17 year old asses drive his newly purchased s2000 to the gas station for a full tank of premium.

More good times.

Also, you can hit shit accidentally with brand new cars and then just hide them at the "other lot".

Good times.

I did always feel bad for that guy who let our 17 year old asses drive his newly purchased s2000 to the gas station for a full tank of premium.

More good times.

LOL, i know all about the first part! Great times! Best fun part yet was driving an 03 cobra to WJ and back, now THAT was fun! Gas runs are always fun too ;)

Thanks you very much, I am assuming that you do not have to be 18 to do this since it says that you are 17?

also how much do you get per hour?

Ya, at least where im at. I think you have to be at least 16 though with a valid drivers license. I get paid $7.25hr

I know most places don't hire valets (lot attendants) if they are under 18. I'm a mechanic at a dealership and most dealerships can only hire people over 18 due to insurance purposes. I doubt you'd be able to find a place to hire you at 17.

I know most places don't hire valets (lot attendants) if they are under 18. I'm a mechanic at a dealership and most dealerships can only hire people over 18 due to insurance purposes. I doubt you'd be able to find a place to hire you at 17.

I got hired on at 17, but I knew the GM. He is right though, you may have a hard time.

As far as the porter thing, that is what we called the bitch boy who had to put floor mats in the cars before they pulled into service.

We were called wash techs...lot techs..wash boys...that shit.