vw guys

thorne

Hey hows it going. I've had a VW before 1.8t and well never got that far into the modding thing, Just BC/Exhaust/CAI It was perky. It made me cocky :\ but i get over that . for the most part I enjoyed the car alot.

What i wanna know

UPGRADE PATH

I want 13's

1.8t AWP Manual

What i had in mind

Tune (REVO or whatever)

Intake of course

exhaust

Please if you could a buildup path for 13's .. 12's

If i get this I wanna be able to put it close to what my l67 can goto within reason. My wifes going to take the monte if i do this and i will get the Dub. But my monte could right now hit a high 13 if i knew how to get traction or wore slicks.

I found one i like in the price i wanna pay for a 02. 55k on it.

APR/REVO/GIAC X+ for software, 3" TB or at least dp w/ dump, bigger IC would help leagues, a friend went 13.4's @107 w/ just APR, 3" dp w/ manual cutout, and a few minor things, you will need a new DV/BOV w/ upgraded boost.

If all you want is to be as fast/slightly quicker than your monte, chip it, dv, and 3" dp, maybe turboback exhaust, it'll definitley walk it.

the very first thing you have to do is replace the clutch and pressure plate with a much stronger than stock one. A simple 5psi increase in boost on the woman's gti destroyed the pressure plate and it only had 20k on it.... that and if your planning on working on it yourself go right now and get a good set of triple squares spline drives and metric hex sockets.....

good luck

Man based on what I'm reading its a bitch to run 11's I'm going to move that car off my plate. Kinda upset because I enjoyed the ride of my old one but I don't want a car that can barely beat my car with basic mods and if i mod far it will be really slower. I did not relize that 11's were not easly obtainable.

thanks for everyone input

Back to my toy hunt.

11's in a fwd daily driver, are you fucking joking? forget fwd, get something rwd or awd, that's the only way you've got a chance of getting 11's with the amount you don't want to spend.

And dave, megan just can't drive, that's why her clutch is fucked up. I know plenty of people that have 100k+ of stock clutch, 20psi of boost, just know how to drive the damn car. My 1.8t had over 100k on it, 20k miles were run hard, 20-22psi, 3" exhaust, etc, never slipped a once.

this one didn't slip either it exploded

it even said on your vw forum they would pop with with more than stock boost you just got lucky

if you want to build a fast car don't start with a volkswagen unles you have a pile of money to spend

camaro, firebird, mustang, charger, lighting, imprezza, evo these are what you want to be looking at for easily modded budget daily drivers