Good buy?

coltboostin

I have a freind who is in need of money, and is willing to sell his 01 CBR f4i to me for $2800. The bike is clean, and has a single seat (not the bannana seat like the older, and 06 up F4i's.

The biikes is nice, but it NEEDS a turbo. I would feel bad if my bike could not keep up with my car.

So does anyone ride these? Anyone have an opinion/personal experience with them?

I think it will go faster than mid-12's but you will have to launch the crap out of it. Mid-low 11's should be possible.....

I wouldn't even bother with a TURBO since it would cost more than it's worth and you would have a hard to ride and not fun power band. I would just buy it cheap and sell high like most other people have stated. You should be able to make at least $1k on it.

I wouldn't even bother with a TURBO since it would cost more than it's worth

Do you know who your talking to? :)

Cost is not the issue-but I agree that the power band couple with a stock Arm may make it not so fun to ride.

I will likely take your advice and leave the bike alone. Thats what I NEED to do, I just hope I can control the urge to mod the stupid thing. I will get pics when it is in my possesion.

Do you know who your talking to? :)

Cost is not the issue-but I agree that the power band couple with a stock Arm may make it not so fun to ride.

I will likely take your advice and leave the bike alone. Thats what I NEED to do, I just hope I can control the urge to mod the stupid thing. I will get pics when it is in my possesion.

You can do it but I've seen Turbo 600's before and they aren't much fun. You would have to lower the compression and build the bottom end to hold any kind of power. Even then you are only looking at around 180rwhp if you are lucky and not going to crazy.

The main problem is the way the Turbo spools combined with the 10,000-15,000 power band on the 600's which make for a bottle rocket ride/power band. Not to mention the short wheel base and swing-arm. You'll have more into the Turbo and motor build than the entire bike.

You would be better off just buying a 1000cc bike and doing something with it. Not to mention you would be way ahead of the game for a lot less time and money invested. The 600 would be a heck of a sleeper if you could control it.... :p

Then again a Turbo 1000cc bike is a handful also.... :eek:

Picked it up yesterday. The chain is loosing it-it looks like the D-bag never lubed it. But chain lube on, and its much better, but I will need a new chain and sprockets soon. Rode around for 2 hours, no issues. Needless to say I am more than happy with it.

I think the poor sap knew he was gettign ripped-he was bitchin so much when I came to pick it up it was pitiful. :lol:

I will post pics soon.

hah nice.

I once realized that I didnt need DSMs anymore and just got into bikes instead, maybe you will do this too after you get the itch to move up from that 600 :D

Maybe a nice.... 1000cc and some spray or a turbo to cure your speeding needs :D

hah nice.

I once realized that I didnt need DSMs anymore and just got into bikes instead, maybe you will do this too after you get the itch to move up from that 600 :D

Maybe a nice.... 1000cc and some spray or a turbo to cure your speeding needs :D

Bah. I have seen to may people get f-ed up, and or die on bikes to want to get crazy with them.

Remember, I walked away from a 200mph crash like nothign happened. I dont thinkt he results would be the same if that happened comming off of a Turbo busa. :eek:

Actually one of the guys over on suzukihayabusa.org came off of a BUSA at around 210mph and walked away. I think he is officially the first person to live through a 200+mph get off on a bike. It was a nasty nasty TURBO BUSA.... :eek:

If you've got good gear and don't hit any SOLID objects, you are normally good to go.... :(

Actually one of the guys over on suzukihayabusa.org came off of a BUSA at around 210mph and walked away. I think he is officially the first person to live through a 200+mph get off on a bike. It was a nasty nasty TURBO BUSA.... :eek:

If you've got good gear and don't hit any SOLID objects, you are normally good to go.... :(

If it was on that site, he likley has one of Dennis's kits on his bike. I ride a Denis machine whenever I need a reminder of what's not needed on the street.

suzukihyabusa.org is owned my Dennis-is it back up yet?

sh.org has been back up for about a month now. I guess Dennis lost some employees and took some time off to get things straighted out. Everything seems to be back to normal from what I can tell.... :cool:

Yes, he his a rough spot in his life, but his friends helped him get back on track. He has a great thing going with his turbo set ups, so I hope he continues to prosper and stay on track. Then-I in tern can continue to ride his grossly overpowered bikes.

that is a good buy. how many miles?wrecked>?I have a buddy trying to sell and 01 f4i for 3500, and it has a salvage title...so you made out

I would personally throw a bottle of nitrous on it. that way you wouldnt necessarily have to extend the swing arm. Just could use the juice in second through sixth.

That bike should run mid 11's stock. my first bike was a katana 600 like 5 years ago and was running 12.80's on it. and it was a 91.

No, no wreck, clear title. Kid just needed cash, and I happened to be selling a car. :)

I dont think I will mod it-once I start, I wont stop. It feels like it should do an 11.X@mid 120's. We'll see what happens.

Its funny how it feels fast, faster than anything-but if you watch the speedo when you are mowing through the gears, you see how slow it is, especially past 120. The Colt on pump gas would have molested this poor thing-odd to think.

I can see how bike guys think no car could beat them, it sure feels that was when you in it to win it on a 2-6 pull.