Broadband Choices....anyone?

Akula

Ok, so I am building a new house "in the country". I am in Hilliard not far from Brown Elementary school.

So here is what I have tried and the results.

Insight - Not available.

WOW - Not available.

Time Warner - only basic cable available no digital, HD or Road Runner.

Speakeasy

T1 available for $90/month at 384k up to 3M at something like $900/month.

IDSL (which is a T1) available for the same price as T1.

Direcway/Hughesnet available but again really expensive, does VPN work?

Wild Blue - Not accepting new customers on my Beam.

Verizon Wireless card - My wife has to tunnel into work and aparently you only get so much data per month.

Dial-up - NOT BROADBAND but for some reason all of these companies keep telling me it is available in my area.

DSL - too far away.

Anyone have any other options? If so please provide the company name and I will give it a try. I don't know of any WISPs in the area so I cannot try them.

The only other option that I can think of would be to check Direct TV or Dish Network. You can get the satalite service and internet. I think it is DSL though, but not for sure. I know it isn't broadband, but it is going to be cheaper than some of your options.

Verizon Wireless card - My wife has to tunnel into work and aparently you only get so much data per month.

I thought it was unlimited data for $59.99/mo up to 3mbit down?

I have two PCMCIA cards for sale by the way if you go this route and they work flawlessly with WinXP and OSX 10.4.1+. I bought them up because Verizon stopped supporting Macs.

A friend of mine in Plain City uses her Verizon broadband card as her main internet connection. It works great, and you can travel with it!