FS: Metal Lathe/Vertical Mill & more

craig71188

Lodge & Shipley Lathe - 14x40 w/taper, 3 jaw/4 jaw/faceplate and tooling. 7.5 HP 3 phase, but includes converter - massive & HEAVY – 5000+ lbs - $1000

Index #55 Vertical Mill - 220V single phase, power feed on table & spindle, lots of tooling $2500

LOS (Losenhausen) Single Plane Balancer - 220V, 3 phase - would be great for doing flywheels, some tooling, I've not had it under power but it looks to be intact and in good shape (or I wouldn't have bouht it!) $350

Tool Sharpener - small tool sharpening machine, has coolant pump and resevoir built in, needs grinding wheel mounts fabricated $50.

Yes, I can send photos - and I will deal (some) if you want more than one piece.

What condition are the ways in on the lathe and the mill?

What amount of play, if any is in the tool mounts?

What ability do you have to move the equipment? 2.5 tons is not going in the air with a simple engine hoist and picking a lathe up one end at a time ain't expactly good for it's accuracy.

What is the diameter on the 3 and 4 jaw chucks?

As far as the tooling and the holder on the mill, is it tapered shaft or something else?

Finally, what tooling for the lathe do you have, live centers dead centers and cutting heads, and is it motorized to cut threads?

The Lathe is fairly worn, it has had the ways done before as the serial numbers are gone. The mill is pretty good, has a tag where it was rebuilt (I'll have to check the date - but it won't indicate how much use since)

The tool mounts - about ditto to the above.

The lathe will need some equipment to come in. I can roll it on pipe to the door - after that it's up to the buyer (know a good HD wrecker company?)

I'll have to check on the diameter of the 3 &4 jaw chucks and the faceplate. Just to guess 3 jaw 10-12", 4 jaw 12-14" (I know its larger than the 3 jaw), faceplate - about the same as the 4 jaw.

Mill is #9 Brown & Sharpe, I have several individual diameter holders, a collet type tool holder, and several adapters to other size B&S and MT tooling.

Lathe has powered thread cutting, a live center and bit holder, several cutting heads, parting tool for the 4 way tool holder and another asortment for a single tool holder including a knurler.