Puzzle...

DeathSandwich

One morning a man is found dead on the beach. He is completely nude. He is holding half of an unlit matchstick. There are no footprints around him, so he didn't walk there. How did he get there and why is he naked?

First person that figures it out gets a beer of their choice if I ever see them at a bar.

I'll answer a few yes/no questions to get you started.

On the other side of the island, the nude man was attending a bday party for a notorious leader of some 3rd world country who had retreated to this island for safety reasons. A cake was ordered in and upon lighting the first candle with a matchstick, blew them all to hell. The cake was actually bomb lit by a fuse disguised to appear as a cake and candle. The explosion blew the man to the center of the small island and in the process burning/removing his clothing.

Done.

lol

On the other side of the island, the nude man was attending a bday party for a notorious leader of some 3rd world country who had retreated to this island for safety reasons. A cake was ordered in and upon lighting the first candle with a matchstick, blew them all to hell. The cake was actually bomb lit by a fuse disguised to appear as a cake and candle. The explosion blew the man to the center of the small island and in the process burning/removing his clothing.

Done.

lol

Damn....That sounds about right......looks like you're gettin the beer.....I guess I'm too young to get into a bar anyway

wow... that was an interesting story, but the man is not burned. And he didn't attend a party the previous evening. You have quite the imagination.

He didn't have to be burned. His clothing was. And yes, that's possible. Also, I covered your quote.

Originally Posted by DeathSandwich

He is holding half of an unlit matchstick.

You said he was holding the bottom end without the sulphur. The top end burns, not the bottom. So it's perfectly acceptable that he was still holding the match he lit the candle with.

Anyway, I'm only playing devil's advocate. Since you and I both know this isn't the real answer anyway. Thanks for the compliment on the good imagination but being it was after 3am, I think, when I wrote that and it's now 7am and I've slept for an hour only, it's not imagination, it's 'crazy' that leads my mind by the hand. :D

I pm'ed you the answer so as not to spoil it for everybody else. ;)

I was going to pm you the answer, damnit! I cheated though.

Easy one:

Three large people try to crowd under one small umbrella, but nobody gets wet. How's this possible?

Mine's still correct, dammit! Though, Iluvmysupratt has the accepted answer. One of my favorite sayings (probably due to my love of 'inventive' answers and outrageous stories told on a whim about the simplest things; not lying, obvious stories) is, "Well, it's possible! Just not plausible." :D

Here's an old one you don't hear as often. Probably because it's a little longer than some.

A farmer has to get a sack of corn, a chicken, and a fox across a river. The farmer is only able to bring one of the above items along with him at a time. The only problem is if he leaves the fox alone with the chicken, the fox will eat the chicken, and if he leaves the chicken alone with the corn sack, then the chicken will eat the corn. How does the farmer get all 3 items across safely?