Local Shops That Can Degree A Cam w/ Cam Card

1TrueSS

Anyone know any local shops that can degree a cam for me and get me a new cam card? It is a cam for a LS1 if that matters.

If it's a comp cam, even a custom one, you can call comp and read them the grind numbers on the cam, if you can still make them out. To degree one, all you really need is a degree wheel.

Well, the motor is still in the truck, and I don't want to do all that work just to find out it is not what I want. I sent CompCam an email with these pics, but I thought I would still ask.

http://pic14.picturetrail.com/VOL564/772744/15188275/202200229.jpg

http://pic14.picturetrail.com/VOL564/772744/15188275/202200228.jpg

• 3 months later...

lunati won't issue you a cam card?

the last time I needed to degree a cam I just borrowed one from a guy on here can't remeber who though cause it was so long ago....

degreeing is a fairly staright forward process and is usually only used to either A. correct for a manufacturing problem or B. to either advance or retard the cam to make power in a specific rpm range for a race application

if you are uncertain about doing something like this yourself give pm me and we can get you in to get this done

thanks

I'm actually gonna clean this uo and get it back on topic.

If someone has doubts about the abilities of a shop or individual, PM THEM! This is thread crapping, not a response to something in Consumer Reports. Chris and I are getting tired of babysitting hundreds of people. Get over it.

I can tell people from experience, evereyone gets tired of looking at it and it gets very repetitive.

Ben, seek advice as you see fit.

I need to reword this!

I need to find someone who can put my cam on a tool(aka CamDr) and have it measured. The tool can print out a REAL/TRUE cam card. The cam is not installed nor will it be so I don't need it degreed!

I'm actually gonna clean this uo and get it back on topic.

I must have missed something here?

I just emailed them since it is after 6pm.

THANKS!