S2000 In-car video

Dr. Apex

i heard some kid in a NA MR2 was almost as fast as you......

Heh....reports from turn 4 said that mr2 also never had a clean run from what I heard over the radio and mysteriously the fastest mr2 didnt even get a time that fast......missed a gate and didnt get caught maybe??

We'll see next year if his mr2 can keep up with the stock S2000!!! :D

Here's some more video from today....

http://media.putfile.com/mr2-autox

http://media.putfile.com/DSM-fun-runs

ill tear you all up :D

Well we never got to find out if you have any skills this year, so bring an A Stock car next year so I can hand you your ass to you!!

For a shitty driver you managed 3rd place in a class filled with wrx's and other quick cars, you must of done something right, or cheated somehow!?! I knew I heard a bov sound coming from your car Craig!!

I wish I had a turbo in that damn thing. Not sure how much it would help on the track with FWD though.

I am very happy with how I wound up this year. I have nothing to complain about. I had a ton of fun out there. Speaking of that, you didn't happen to get my spin on tape did you?

I wish I had a turbo in that damn thing. Not sure how much it would help on the track with FWD though.

I am very happy with how I wound up this year. I have nothing to complain about. I had a ton of fun out there. Speaking of that, you didn't happen to get my spin on tape did you?

:)

Looks like you're really driving the hell outta her man.

We'll have to catch bdubs again sometime.

Well we never got to find out if you have any skills this year, so bring an A Stock car next year so I can hand you your ass to you!!

For a shitty driver you managed 3rd place in a class filled with wrx's and other quick cars, you must of done something right, or cheated somehow!?! I knew I heard a bov sound coming from your car Craig!!

A-Stock? shoot ill have to bring a D-Stocker to make it fair :p

Yea i know i didnt get to run this year because i worked every weekend :( Now that im the RGM ill start making myself availible :)

Was this in the yellow S2000 that was running that day? I was only able to stop for a short time after church I stayed for maybe.. 30-45 minutes then had to leave because the girlfriend was complaining about being too cold.

I also had the old man along with me, and watching all of it perked his interest. Who knows maybe my father will be running next year haha. Watch out.

:)

Looks like you're really driving the hell outta her man.

We'll have to catch bdubs again sometime.

I am doing what I can. There is still room for inprovement, and the car could be better too. ;)

I am up for some bdubs anytime.

Oh and sam WTF is up with that pic

Fast as shit?!? Does that make 43.664 clean FASTER than shit? Would that be FTS or just FTD??? (I didn't see what the karts ran).

LOL! I believe the Evo ran a 42.xxx!!!

For being basically a stock car with tires on it and a rook behind the wheel I thought the 46.9 I put down was a good time!! Remember, I'm coming out of an old ass n/a dsm so an S2K is a huge jump for me!!

Bunch of smartasses on here.....sheesh! :asshole:

Just respect your elders - that's Mr. Smartass Asshole!

(and if I had as much in my car as the Evo, I could have run a sub 39 time!!! LOL)

I know it's always tough to jump from car to car and get the last little bit out of it. Best to be smooth and quick ans work your way up (down?) to faster times.

Just respect your elders - that's Mr. Smartass Asshole!

(and if I had as much in my car as the Evo, I could have run a sub 39 time!!! LOL)

I know it's always tough to jump from car to car and get the last little bit out of it. Best to be smooth and quick ans work your way up (down?) to faster times.

Very true, money plays a big role in this sport. I was happy with how I drove sunday and I had fun which is the most important thing of all!!

Very true, money plays a big role in this sport. I was happy with how I drove sunday and I had fun which is the most important thing of all!!

It does and it doesnt. I ran consistantly in the top 7 with a near stock J-body. Sometimes you can just flat out-drive other people. Just because someone rolls a S2000, doesnt make them faster, it just means they can be sloppier and run the same time you can. I always thought driving in a slower car in a faster class was more benifitial than going and buying a faster car. If you teach yourself to not make mistakes, youll be top competetor in your class with a proper vehical.

It does and it doesnt. I ran consistantly in the top 7 with a near stock J-body. Sometimes you can just flat out-drive other people. Just because someone rolls a S2000, doesnt make them faster, it just means they can be sloppier and run the same time you can. I always thought driving in a slower car in a faster class was more benifitial than going and buying a faster car. If you teach yourself to not make mistakes, youll be top competetor in your class with a proper vehical.

True statement in many respects - especially at a regional level. When you got on to Divisional/National level, you have to have the same level of prep/equipment as the top guys. Odds are you aren't going to find too many poor drivers or cars that have been proven non-competitive in the class. You also need very fresh tires - we found out a lot about this at the last event. There will always be exceptions to this rule that come up. Many, many years ago, some folks took a Fiat 850 to National and cleaned up - very well prepped and very well driven. Everyone had written these little cars off as too obscure and not competitive. The next year, 3 or 4 showed up, none did all that well - they hadn't sorted them out and learned to drive them well. The bottom line is (as in any motorsport) you need to pick a car that is at least competitive, learn to drive it very well, and prep it to the limit of the rules for your class. Stock class is usually the cheapest place to do this. I picked C-mod as it is basically a spec class for Formula Fords. Some are better than others, but if you do the right prep and have fresh tires, you can be competitive (not always a winner - but respectable).

True statement in many respects - especially at a regional level. When you got on to Divisional/National level, you have to have the same level of prep/equipment as the top guys. Odds are you aren't going to find too many poor drivers or cars that have been proven non-competitive in the class. You also need very fresh tires - we found out a lot about this at the last event. There will always be exceptions to this rule that come up. Many, many years ago, some folks took a Fiat 850 to National and cleaned up - very well prepped and very well driven. Everyone had written these little cars off as too obscure and not competitive. The next year, 3 or 4 showed up, none did all that well - they hadn't sorted them out and learned to drive them well. The bottom line is (as in any motorsport) you need to pick a car that is at least competitive, learn to drive it very well, and prep it to the limit of the rules for your class. Stock class is usually the cheapest place to do this. I picked C-mod as it is basically a spec class for Formula Fords. Some are better than others, but if you do the right prep and have fresh tires, you can be competitive (not always a winner - but respectable).

Agreed. Running that Z24 in Street Modified taught me 3 valuble things.

1. DONT HIT CONES. Knowing where your tires are, were, and are going to be is crutial. If you cant put your 50" wide track thru a 52" wide space at 40 or 50mph, you have some work to do.

2. Look ahead. In the begining of the season i found myself focusing on the 50ft of crete in front of me. After many many runs of trial and error i found myself driving out of my perifrial(sp?) vision. My eyes were always looking at the exiting path of the next corner. This helps you visualize where the car needs to be, and then just let yourself put it there.

3. Suspension dynamics. A car acts completely different when you are on the throttle, coasting, or under hard braking. To perform the same actions, you have to do things differently. Figuring out what works and doesnt takes time, but it helps in the anticipation factor... this way, when you come out of that LFT->RT split-S at 57mph and only have 64ft to slow down and setup for the 165deg RTHND hairpin (Mothers Day classic `04)... your not caught off guard.

Still contemplating running the S40 in G-Stock.