LT1 Boost?

Guest Mushijobah

Guest Removed
the high compression really kills the amount of safe boost for those motors.

depending on a cam, some cam grinds for boosted (lt1s) are set up too relieve extra combustion pressure.plus egts will run higher! its all in the tune and proper setup!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know from experience, nor will I because I decided to build a forged motor to support the boost, but like said before, the compression kills these engines on boost. Some people at cz28.com have gotten away with 6#'s for 30,000mi, and others didn't make it 2000mi. I think if you're going to do it that way, you MUST build a fuel system, an intercooler, and get a dyno tune (I can do that for you at Dynotune Motorsports!). In addition, an added safety feature would be meth injection. The pistons are the weak link in those engines...more specifically, the rings.

I think throwing some forged pistons that lower your compression a bit would be fine for modest HP goals (say 400-450 rwhp). They say the cranks start stressing as you approach 550rwhp.